• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SuperSpeed into wavebouncing

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
A while back I posted a thread entailing my findings with SS ( http://smashboards.com/threads/super-speed-jump-glide-cancel-into-neutral-b.396801/ ) I was dumbfounded about what inputs I used to what seemed to make me slide backwards while using her neutral b's. After time passed and MySmashCorner posted his video about wavebouncing I realized what I had done. I canceled SS with my jump and instantly wavebounced backwards resulting in this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like a pretty bad option at first. The way I did it yeah it is, however do it quick enough (The timing is really strict but doable) and it looks like your wavedashed backwards into explosive flames. It's a great option to keep in mind. Hell if you want to get stylish you can SS offstage into a wavebounced explosive flame/autoreticle, both will aim off stage while you land safely back on. This also combo's from SS at higher %'s not as useful but another option on the table.
My curiosity is at peace now that I know what I did, haha.

EDIT: An easier method of doing this is doing the aerial version of SS and right before you hit the ground cancel it by pressing the opposite direction of where your facing followed by how you normally wavebounce.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Aerial SS>Wavebounce
before you hit the ground. You can fake an approach and force your opponent into a frametrap. If they try to retaliate they can't punish because you instantly go backwards (If they go in prior to you commencing the wavebounc chances are they'll get hit by SS and you can capitalize off of that) , if they go for an defensive option IE spotdodge/shield they'll get hit by explosive light (God bless that last hit box piercing shields)
As for AR wavebouncing serves as an auto spacer. Similar to lucas' aerial PK fire.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
This isn't useless at all. It's honestly really really useful to have a really good option to not commit in the forward direction with superspeed.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
This isn't useless at all. It's honestly really really useful to have a really good option to not commit in the forward direction with superspeed.
Yeah I've been implementing it and it seems really good. I would love to show it the way I described it but Wave bouncing on a 3ds is dreadfully difficult and I'm just bad at doing wavebouncing all around, haha. I can assure you though if I ever get the timing down I'll post a video. (Although trash quality its better then nothing lol)
Also now looking back at the video holy m2k this video quality is complete trash.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sick thank you for bringing attention to this

Top Bottom