• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Speed Sliding

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Yet another one of my findings. If you use SS right under the lip of the stage and then jump you get a slide on stage, granted its pretty small but with Light Weight we can change that completely.
LightWeight>SuperSpeed>Jump can increase her slide by quite a bit, because of this we can get quite a few things going. You can obviously use this as a way to get on stage, but what if I said you can attack while also retreating away from your opponent? Well you can. Doing this you can execute most of her aerials and even upon whiffing them you can still retreat because of Light Weight increasing the sliding distance. Now, even if it works as a viable mix up to get on stage you might be wondering "Is that all?" Nope theres still a few things you can do with this. Because of her momentum and being able to slide away we can execute combo's she could never normally do. The following has been tested and are true combo's if the opponent did not DI or didn't DI correctly.
Combo's
40-45% Fair>Jab
40-60% Fair>U-tilt
40-53% Fair>D-tilt
55-75% Fair>F-tilt
35-60% Fair>Grab (seems inconsistent after 55%)
75% Fair>F-smash
50-105% Fair>U-smash (if you want to land this in higher percent such as 105% you need to dash INSTANTLY after the fair and then u-smash)
40-110% Fair>Nair
65-130% Fair>Fair
65-90% Fair>Bair
100-110% Fair>U-air

Most of these should work but the percent ranges I gave may be off. Yes I know most competent opponents will DI correctly, so why did I look into this? Because it happens pretty dang quick and most people who EXPECT it will DI. Anyways feel free to test any of these out if you want. If you dont want to get fancy with these combo's you can just get away with a simple fair, dair or bair. You can also grab if you want to. Keep in mind if you want to do any of these combo's you MUST time the jump correctly under the lip of the stage
Side Notes
You can slide on stage while using these moves listed here: U-tilt, Jab, U-smash, every neutral b and my favorite TAUNTING. Talk about styling on the next level, haha. All other moves fully stop her momentum on stage. When grabbing she slides a bit further and grabs, kinda like dash grabbing.
If you find anything else out feel free to add, or if you feel like I wrote something untrue also feel free to tell me whats wrong. Final thing, use this AS A MIX UP. It has only few applications and isn't really reliable once the opponent catches on.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the combo's only work if the opponent is near the ledge, obvious? Yes, but I still feel the need to add this.

Last edited:

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
These threads are great! Do you mind making videos for them? I'm just not at home very often and I'd really like to see them in action

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
These threads are great! Do you mind making videos for them? I'm just not at home very often and I'd really like to see them in action
Sorry man, I don't really have anything to record with so if I did it would be pretty bad quality. Also thanks.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Just tried it and I cant get it to happen. Dp you mean when you are below the edge, ss then jump? I just die

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Just tried it and I cant get it to happen. Dp you mean when you are below the edge, ss then jump? I just die
Alright here's an example. Trash quality but better then nothing. If you do this with out LightWeight you have to time the jump earlier but with LightWeight you have to time it later.

Top Bottom