• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Speculation Bros. Brawl

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
I pride myself on the title.

Either way, I super want to hear WHATEVER my peeples have to says about Brawl, and what might or might not be in.

Off-limit things! I'm sorry, but NOONE wants to hear about the following:
Ridley, as a boss or playable

Actually, that's it. Sorry Ridley-nuts. No wait, I mean hahaha.

Allow me to begin!
Who besides me can agree with myself that every character on the box is immediately playable? My friend says that they think you can't play anyone until you unlock them in SSE, and that co-op SSE is only available after you beat it once alone.

I disagree. I think what I said first is right, and Team is available whenever you feel like it.

Thoughts and other ideas?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I'm actually not sure now.

Some people say all the released will be starting roster. Others say that the 3rd parties will be unlockable. Its hard to decide for me.

But my first decision was some of the revealed will be unlockable as that is a pretty large starting roster. But then again the full roster seems like it will be large also. And most of us don't want to start with a tiny starting roster then will have to unlock like.. 30 characters..

But for SSE.. I think that eh.. most characters will be unlocked in SSE and Co-op is available from teh start depending on what stage you are on.

-Onyx

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Your friend is stupid.

Sakurai said "Most secret characters will be unlockable in SSE". This can be interpreted two ways.

1. Most unknowns are unlocked outside of SSE, and knowns are unlocked in SSE.
2. Most unknowns are unlocked in SSE, and few are unlocked in other ways.

Your friend wants there to be more variety to unlockings, so he opted for the first option.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
I agree with you on how it WILL work, but I agree with your friend on how it SHOULD work.

When you put the disk in, the only selectable characters would be Mario and Kirby.

Then, whenever you are offered an opportunity to play a character, that character(s) is unlocked.

And then of course, there would be some that you have to unlock in different ways, either because they don't appear in SSE or because they aren't playable in it.

That's how I want it to be, but I don't really see it happening.

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
these are all really great opinions, lets keep it coming.

another idea i had, what if you could set the entire classic mode to a special brawl thingy?

I know it won't happen, but think about it! classic mode entirely 300% would just be boring, but maybe curry classic or reflect classic. ooh, or gravity changes classic!

another thing i got from typing that, do you people think that there might possibly be classic co-op? hmm....good point, myself.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I think ever character in the commercials are in the game. There are 19 characters in all with all of the commercials combined and 11 on the box. Kinda makes you think.

Classic co-op? Isn't this confirmed already?

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
I think that if Dark Samus isn't in this game as a playable character I will be trading it in.

Top Bottom