• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Super Smash Night at The Music Room (Bi-Weekly)

Super Smash Night at The Music Room (Bi-Weekly)
Posted by Darkninjalordz
The Music Room
Friday, May 27, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Darkninjalordz

Smash Rookie
THIS IS OUR LAST TOURNAMENT IN EAST AURORA -- WE WILL BE MOVING TO NORTH TONAWANDA TO CONTINUE SUPER SMASH NIGHTS

We will be running a Super Smash Bros. 4, Melee, and Pokkén Tournament for the night. Food and drinks will be available to purchase from Arc Way Gaming and Mantra Coffee.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Smash Bros. 4

Time:
Registration and Friendlies: 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Roll Call: 6:30 PM
Start of the Tournament: 6:35 PM
Latest End Point: 11:00 PM

If the tournament ends before 11:00 PM we will be allowing free play until we close.

Price:
$10 ($5 go to the pot and $5 for the venue fee)*
If you are playing in Melee you only will pay the venue fee once

If you can bring a TV and Wii U (this includes all power cords, TV cords, extension cables. If able please bring two controllers as well) we will waive off $2.00.

Note we take no liability for stolen or damaged items. You must notify us that you will like to bring a system and TV, this will be based on the first messaged first accepted policy.

We will be recording and taking photos of the event.

Rules:
2 Stock - Best Two out of Three - Double Elimination
No Items
No Custom Characters or Amiibos

Stage List:
Starters:
Final destination
Battlefield
Town & city
Smashville
Dreamland

Counter picks:
Duck hunt
Lylat cruise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Time:
Registration and Friendlies: 6:15 PM - 6:45 PM
Roll Call: 6:50 PM
Start of the Tournament: 7:00 PM
Latest End Point: 11:00 PM

Price:
$10 ($5 go to the pot and $5 for the venue fee)*
If you are playing in Smash 4 you will only have to pay the venue fee once

If you can bring a TV and GameCube (this includes all power cords, TV cords, extension cables. If able please bring two controllers as well) we will waive off $2.00.

Note we take no liability for stolen or damaged items.

We will be recording and taking photos of the event.

General Rules:

Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
Double Elimination, Best 2 out of 3

Top 3
Best 3 out of 5. The winner of the previous game doesn't get to ban a stage.

Items are disabled.

Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute game breaks the tie.

Playing as Master Hand is banned.

Stage List:

Neutral Stages
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams

Counter-Pick Stage
Pokemon Stadium

Fluffy_Banjo

Smash Rookie
Hi just wondering, Am I allowed to use a Wii U pro controller instead of a Gamecube controller for Smash 4? I might come to this tournament I've never been to one before.

Darkninjalordz

Smash Rookie
Hi just wondering, Am I allowed to use a Wii U pro controller instead of a Gamecube controller for Smash 4? I might come to this tournament I've never been to one before.
Sorry for the waaaaaaaaaaay long delay, we have been rapidly developing some amazing background stuff which we will be revealing soon. To answer your question, yes you can we want everyone to be able to play what comes most natural.

Top Bottom