• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Ruleset

Does this ruleset make sense?

• Heck yeah it does!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It has a few things that don't make sense.

• I'm not really sure...

• Total voters

BROX_Basher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-6474-3181
Hey, guys!!

Fairly new to this site, but I've been playing Sm4sh for a long time. So, I thought I'd start a thread on what I think the Ruleset for Sm4sh should be. Not exactly thinking the Forum Support is going to notice this, but if they do, I tried my best! And if anyone has any reasonable suggestions for the ruleset, please reply to this thread!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Smashboards Wii U/3DS Ruleset

General Rules

• Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 10 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Blocked Omega stages are not allowed. Only Omega Stages with diagonal sides and diagonal platforms are allowed, with the exception of the Duck Hunt Omega Stage.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Using more than one player slot on a single controller is banned.

Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire Enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from teammates is allowed.

Stage List
All Diagonal Omega Stages (including Duck Hunt Stage)
Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Midgar
  • Corneria (3DS)
  • Magicant (3DS)
  • Dr. Wily's Castle
  • Duck Hunt Stage
  • Hyrule Castle 64
  • Pokemon Stadium 2 (Wii U)
  • Big Battlefield (Wii U; Doubles/Quadruples)
Counterpicks
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Umbra Clock Tower
  • Kongo Jungle 64 (Wii U)
(You guys choose the singles only, doubles only, and rest of the counterpicks.)

Match Procedures

1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike.
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set.
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

(Yes, I copied and pasted, but you get the idea.)

And here's the ruleset!! Hope this'll help out!!

~BROX Base

(Edit 1: I increased the time from 7 to 10, at the aloud thought of Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , and added Counterpick stages at the thought of FamilyTeam FamilyTeam . Please keep the suggestions coming!)
(Edit 2: I added more starter stages and counterpicks. Hope this is better!)

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't think having both Dream Land 64 and Battlefield as Starters is a good idea.
I thought we had it as Counterpick in the first place is so we don't have two very similar triplats in the beginning.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I think only omega stages with wall jumping on side like Palutenas temple should be enabled but whatever

BROX_Basher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-6474-3181
I think only omega stages with wall jumping on side like Palutenas temple should be enabled but whatever
Well, only stages with a diagonal edge and a diagonal platform makes it so it makes a challenge, to make sure that matches aren't too easy to get up to. If you watch some Dragon Smash and GRSmash videos, you'll know what I mean by diagonal edge.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Midgar?! Also, if BF and DL are counterpicks, you need to update the striking method to accommodate a 3-stage starter list.

BROX_Basher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-6474-3181
Midgar?! Also, if BF and DL are counterpicks, you need to update the striking method to accommodate a 3-stage starter list.
I'm horrible at choosing stages. If you'd like to help out, you can. However, I'm adding starter stages.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Well, only stages with a diagonal edge and a diagonal platform makes it so it makes a challenge, to make sure that matches aren't too easy to get up to. If you watch some Dragon Smash and GRSmash videos, you'll know what I mean by diagonal edge.
I just think it adds more strategy to picking maybe it could be one omega stage like Palutenas temple and one with a diagonal edge to add more strategy(e.g. If you're character can walk jump and you're opponent's can't you will probably want to pick one with straight edges like Palutenas temple

BROX_Basher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-6474-3181
I just think it adds more strategy to picking maybe it could be one omega stage like Palutenas temple and one with a diagonal edge to add more strategy(e.g. If you're character can walk jump and you're opponent's can't you will probably want to pick one with straight edges like Palutenas temple
I just now added Duck Hunt. Think that's fair, or something else?

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I just now added Duck Hunt. Think that's fair, or something else?
Yeah that's good I honestly really like the duck hunt stage and it has the straight walls so that's fair

Also: Maybe add big battlefield as a 2v2 stage or a 4v4 and 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1(Yes there are actually tournaments for both of these)

Last edited:

BROX_Basher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-6474-3181
Yeah that's good I honestly really like the duck hunt stage and it has the straight walls so that's fair

Also: Maybe add big battlefield as a 2v2 stage or a 4v4 and 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1(Yes there are actually tournaments for both of these)
Added it!! Also, should I add another timeless stage?

Top Bottom