• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Project M Wartorn |Beta| Custom Modpack!

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Wartorn v1.02
Hey Guys and Gals!
My name is SuperSmasherFan, and for the longest time, I've always had a dream of making my own content for the Super Smash Bros. Franchise! I've always thought about what I would do, how I would balance and design things, how I could make as many people as happy as possible. After some learning and tons of help from others in the community, and I've finally grasped the idea of smash modding. For a while now I have been working on my very own mod pack for Project M 3.6. Its been over a course of year and half for sure of constant work, but I think I've finally hit a point to release! Sure, its no Legacy XP quality build (yet hehehe) but I think for the beta state that its in, I'm fairly proud of it. Let me show off whatever I can. :)

What is my goal?
Simply put, I am a competitive smash player. I want to attend tourneys here soon, therefore my build is built around being competitively sound. While characters like Ridley will never be played in a tournament set, he still requires the fundamentals of any other vPM character. You can still practice all the important skills of PM/Melee through these new characters, hence their inclusion. This once personal build gave me a way to play competitively for fun, so now I figure someone else might enjoy what I’m doing, so here I am. Therefore, my goal is not to outdo any of the amazing packs out there, just provide another option to play on!

*Everything is subject to change.*

Video of version 1.02.
(Sorry for the poor recording)

Video of version 1.1.
This demonstration shows off the expansion stages' custom track lists!

The following features below are of the up and coming version 1.1.
Features:

Knuckles is not in the build. I chose to respect the PMDT's wishes as best as I can, these images just my personal version of my build which does have him. The public build will not.
-Boot Directly to Character Selection Screen
-Choose any skin on any team in team battle! No worries, you glow your teams color, so there is no confusion!

-Currently 53 characters! This includes PM's default 41, Legacy XP's +8, and 4 others:
  • Shadow- Partial credit to Szion Blue, as I used his Shadow as a base along with my own edits.

"Chaos.... BLAST!"

"Who's the kid? Go out of my way brat!"

"GET AWAY FROM MY STAGE!"
  • Hector- Most credit to Szion Blue, this heavy axe wielding lord from Fire Emblem is too much fun! With all new super armor frames, a new axe trail and a new down air, Hector can take down 'bout anything.

Be sure to be precise with your swings, the sweetspot is right on the axe blade.

Hector's new down air is sure to send your opponents to their graves!
  • Ninten- Credit to Alm5252, as I used his Ninten as a base in which i also did some balancing too.
  • Cloud- Partial credit to BraveDragonWolf, as I used his Cloud as a base. However, Cloud might have the most edits done by me of any character! Also, I made his own series icon and victory theme!

"限界は壊れることを意味する!"
(Limits are meant to be broken!)

Check it out! New series icon and of course Midgar!
  • Geno- Thank you too LavaLatte for his Geno, his work was exceptional in all ways!
  • Ridley- Uses Legacy XP's Ridley, except I buffed his aerial movement and patched his annoying tail crash glitch, so thats good! I also gave him a new aerial side special, where he grabs you and flies in whatever way you want similar to classic Ridleys side special.

"Your coming with me."
  • Young Link- He now has a revamped dash attack! After his roll, holding A or B will activate a jump strike or spin to win hero spin!

"What?! I'm not supposed to fight you for another 7 years!"

One of Young Link's new dash attack variants, the iconic jump slash!
-Just about every character has 10 costumes! Never run out of fun skins!
-Battlefield and Final Destination have 4 alternates on top of the base stage! All other stages will eventually have a similar treatment.
-Some thing brand new for PMEX, Subspace Emmisary is now completely functional for Dolphin! Most PMEX builds make SSE impossible to play, but not this one! Wii is a different story sadly.
-An entire hd texture pack for Dolphin users! This is a combination of LXP, LTE, and Smash 3 hd texture packs along with my own! Huge props to these guys, as I use lots of their cosmetics and renders in this pack.
-Speaking of Smash 3, many characters use Smash 3 too! The look of smash 4 in brawl is soooo satisfying! (Shown off in the Falcon vs Falco fight on Sm4sh's FD.)
-Pyotrluzhin's Advanced Training Mode! You can toggle on and off hitboxes, stale moves, and idle overlays!
-Fracture CSS Replay Pack! My favorite feature of this code is being able to change controls for your name tags from the CSS just by pressing X!
-Expect tons of updates, as I work on this really quite frequently!
(I'm a'comin for you, *insert glitch here)
-Wii version/Hackless is completeled!
-Edited Event Mode and Allstar Mode to include the extra characters. (Alpha)

-78 Stage expansion slot is also in the works! Every stage has a custom music tracklist! All added tracks use CSE, so they don't replace existing music! (See Video Demonstration #2.) Currently the stages added are:
  • Midgar and Pokémon Stadium remake of Midgar
  • Guar Plains and Omega Guar Plains
  • Wily Castle and Omega Willy’s Castle
  • Ganondorf's Castle and competitive Smashville variant
  • Miiverse and Omega variant.
It's a good time waiting to happen. Until I get a more completed product, this will not be on Brawlvault. For now, the beta can soon be found on the Wartorn Discord! Thank you for taking time to read this, this is my first release of anything of this sort. My build may have some issues, but I promise to put my best foot forward and keep on going till it's ready! If your interested, please join and more than anything have fun!

If I forgot or incorrectly credited someone, please correct me.
My up most thanks to:

Bruxz- Weather Cloud skins
JOJI- For his groundbreaking coding/gecko asm skills
BraveDragonWolf-Base cloud psa
Szion-PMCL dev
Lavalatte-Geno
Dio-PMCL dev
Cap_0-PMCL dev
Terror-PMCL dev
David V. Kimball-Legacy XP/TE Dev (Rendered all of the cosmetics)
WorseDoughnut--Legacy XP/TE Dev (Work in the extra LXP character)
Ca$ooper Wolf-Legacy XP/TE Dev
Devaliah-Legacy XP/TE Dev
Puzzled-Legacy XP/TE Dev
Sirkura-Legacy XP/TE Dev
Yohan- LXP/LTE Dev - (Codes and revamped SSS)
Mewtwo2000-Asl
Yohan-Helped me with codes
Pyotrluzhin- So many things. This mans a legend. Pmex, advanced training mode, codes, etc.
Alm5252-Borrowed Ninten and other cosmetics
Aghanim-Smash 3 Dev
Layell-Smash 3 Dev
Ledge-Smash 3 Dev
CraptonFalcon-Smash 3 Dev
Kurukato-Smash 3 Dev
Puzzled-Smash 3 Dev
Amazonian Queen-Smash 3 Dev
Tails-Smash 3 Dev
Soopercool-LXP Dev
King Jigglypuff-Helped me out with PSA
Phantomwings-So many things
Marioking64- Waluigi
BaganSmashBros-Ridley Other M
Nano- Former PMDT and took part in releasing Knuckles!
Fracture- Fracture Replay Pack

Last edited:

Death44

Smash Rookie
I like what I see. This build looks amazing. I love the combination of competitive and fun. How well is it running? I am in the process of downloading a complete build right now so I don't want to download a beta build, but if there aren't many bugs and all match-ups are crash free, I might main this build. I love the inclusion of Shadow, Cloud and Young Link.

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
I like what I see. This build looks amazing. I love the combination of competitive and fun. How well is it running? I am in the process of downloading a complete build right now so I don't want to download a beta build, but if there aren't many bugs and all match-ups are crash free, I might main this build. I love the inclusion of Shadow, Cloud and Young Link.
I'm so glad you like it! I'm working on a new fighter as we speak! The current build is going well, Lucina and Pichu have gotten some revamps. A first version of this will be maybe in a week or two? It's so close to being presentable, and I'm really excited for it.

Death44

Smash Rookie
That sounds great
I'm so glad you like it! I'm working on a new fighter as we speak! The current build is going well, Lucina and Pichu have gotten some revamps. A first version of this will be maybe in a week or two? It's so close to being presentable, and I'm really excited for it.
, I must have skimmed over Pichu when looking at the roster, now I'm twice excited for this lol! Will you be posting the download on this thread or a new one? And how will I be able to find it? I don't really frequent Smashboards, so I'm not too familiar with how it works, but I'll be on the edge of my seat for the first release of this build!

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
That sounds great

, I must have skimmed over Pichu when looking at the roster, now I'm twice excited for this lol! Will you be posting the download on this thread or a new one? And how will I be able to find it? I don't really frequent Smashboards, so I'm not too familiar with how it works, but I'll be on the edge of my seat for the first release of this build!
I'll post it here, but if your not super into SmashBoards, maybe check out the Discord! I posted a few things in there, and I plan on posting in there more and more frequently. It's there I'd like to show off status updates.

Death44

Smash Rookie
I'll post it here, but if your not super into SmashBoards, maybe check out the Discord! I posted a few things in there, and I plan on posting in there more and more frequently. It's there I'd like to show off status updates.
I don't have anything against Smashboards, just not familiar with it entirely lol! I don't use Discord either, so until I figure all that out I'll just check back here every so often.

Top Bottom