• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros N64 Tournament at Irvine Play N Trade Nov. 17, 1:00 PM

irvineplayntrade

Smash Cadet
By popular demand Irvine Play N Trade will be hosting our first ever Super Smash Bros. Tournament on N64 November 17th at 1:00 pm.

$5 ENTRY
WINNER RECEIVES $50 STORE CREDIT AND A V.I.MII!!!
SECOND PLACE $25 STORE CREDIT
THIRD PLACE PNT T-SHIRT!

Irvine Play N Trade
5405 Alton Pkwy Ste. D
Irvine, CA 92604
949.653.PLAY
www.IrvinePlayNTrade.com

General Rules and Regulations

1. All characters may be played, including unlockable characters.
2. If a player doesn't show up on time for their match, they will be given a 1 minute grace period before it will go down as a forfeit. This counts for teams as well.
3. In the case of a console/TV/Routing malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
4. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
5. Spectators may not communicate with a player while he or she is competing (providing tips or heckling and other forms of verbal abuse). Breaking of this rule will result in ejection of the spectator, and in extreme cases, forfeit of the game. Cheering is encouraged, however.
6. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the rankings/brackets will result in ejection.
7. Any other sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.
8. Do not quit out of a game without the permission of your station's referee. Unauthorized quitting before the game has ended results in an automatic forfeit.
9. Players' chosen gamer tags, if used, must be of "good taste."
10. Starting a game without the approval of a referee will result in restarting the game as well as a possible disqualification for failure to follow directions.
11. All decisions made by tournament officials are final and not subject to debate.

Controllers
We will attempt to provide standard N64 controllers for everyone. Individual controllers are welcome, but will be subject to approval.
Tournament Rules

1. The tournament is set for Double Elimination. Each match will be determined by the best of three rounds.
2. The top player from each match will move on to the next round.

Match Format - 5 stock

1. No items
2. No special modes
3. No handicaps

Stage Select & Stage Specific Rules

1. Stages will be chosen by random selection from all stages available at the start of a new game: Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Planet Zebes, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land, Sector Z, Saffron City. No stages that are unlockable or accessible only from the debug menu may be played.
2. No stage can be chosen twice in a row.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it should be moved since another play n trade very near by is having a smash tournament and may steal the spotlight =/ Then again maybe there is 64 fans?

The Game II

Smash Champion
Seems like every tournament is happening this Saturday. This sounds like a good one. Once I get out of the El Segundo tourney, I'll go here and hopefully catch the end.

absolutely no guarantees tho.

--GCII

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to let everyone here know that on feb 16th im holding a tournament up in norcal for ssb64 melee and brawl! This is the 4th development in my tournament series but have held multiple smashfest as well. The Game II has been to several of my tournaments and is actually a major reason i started doing my tournaments. He can vouch that my tournaments get a good turnout and are pretty sweet! I just need more old school smashers to show to this thing so if anyone is interested check out my thread and prereg.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116016

The Game II

Smash Champion
Matt, bad idea on piggybacking threads. This is about the Irvine tourney, not yours.

--GCII

EDIT: I really hope that this tournament gets moved because

1. It just got announced, and no tournament has ever had great turnout with little time to prepare.

2. I still see no tournaments in SoCal for 11/24. Yes, I know this is a retail store, and the 24th might be the second-worst day of the year to have a tournament. However, you want to draw even more people to your store, this is a perfect opportunity.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
To bad this is way down in SoCal or else I'd go I'd like to try out my 64 skills against some good players but 64+oregon doesn't mix :(

irvineplayntrade

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

Free Entry for the first 4 people who bring in your N64, Smash game, and 4 controllers for use in the tournament!

Hope to see you all there!

Top Bottom