• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. (Fanfic Or Video Series?)

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=5387]Super Smash Bros. (Fanfic Or Video Series?)[/drupal]

I was planning to make a video series based around Smash Bros., but I started thinking, "Would it work better as a fanfic?" So, I'm asking you guys to help me out on this one. To make it easier, here are some pros and cons.

VIDEO SERIES:
+Visual aid
+Background music to carry the mood
-More time consuming

FANFIC:
+Easier to make
-Less broad audience

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I suppose you can make the fanfic into comic form. It can work that way. By "video", do you mean using in-game models, or using flash Newgrounds-styled animation?

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you can make the fanfic into comic form. It can work that way. By "video", do you mean using in-game models, or using flash Newgrounds-styled animation?
Video is using sprites, like with Newgrounds. The comic thing could work if done right, but it would still take about as much time as the video.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Video is using sprites, like with Newgrounds. The comic thing could work if done right, but it would still take about as much time as the video.
Ask yourself two questions:

How much experience do you have in making animations/using Flash?
How much will your series revolve around visuals/visual gags (will it be action or slapstick, or just characters talking amongst one or other)?

If you have experience in Flash you may as well go the animation route, as aside from taking longer to make you seem to like that idea more, but if you don't have experience but you want to rely on visuals a comic or heck, even a motion comic, would be your best bet. If you don't really care about visuals, or if the visuals are only there to put a character in a scene with limited motion and whatever, you'd be best off writing a fan fiction.

Just note that with a comic you're more than likely gonna get less content per strip as opposed to a chapter of a fan fiction or an episode of an animation though.

Top Bottom