• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Character Artwork Missing?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hmm, Whatever happened to the artwork of the Smash Bros characters? And no i don't mean those anime-cartoony drawings of the characters, I mean at the Character Select Screen.

There obviously not just quick drawing made only for the purpose of the CSS because during the intro while it flashes the character's artwork briefly you can see that's it is a fully made picture for the character... But where can we find the images?

It's likely Nintendo never put them out and just dumped them in the toilet after the game was released, But it's not an impossibility we can find the artwork.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If you don't know what i'm talking about when i refer to the artwork briefly flashing on screen, Here:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Okay so i compared there artwork shown in the intro to there artwork in the CSS, It seems like are perfect matches like Mario and Fox, While others are obviously completely different images like Captain Falcon and Samus.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
the full images aren't present in the game whatsoever
but its probably the pic shown above, just low as **** resolution.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I think the OP means that the images might be based off promotional artwork that contains the rest of the image, so to speak. For example, Mario's pose looks almost identical to the one found in this piece of Super Mario 64 promotional art. The same holds true with Link and this piece, Fox and this piece, and Donkey Kong and this piece.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think the OP means that the images might be based off promotional artwork that contains the rest of the image, so to speak. For example, Mario's pose looks almost identical to the one found in this piece of Super Mario 64 promotional art. The same holds true with Link and this piece, Fox and this piece, and Donkey Kong and this piece.
I mean it's obvious whoever made the artwork for these characters in Smash 64 traced it right off of this, But i am looking for the traced artwork since it obviously existed at one point but not all artwork was in the game.

Yep, Here is the intro, CSS and the original promotional art images combined together:

Last edited:
Top Bottom