• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER MONKEY BALL!!!

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
Ironically in the South (Clarksville, Arkansas)
I go bananas for One of my favorite games is Super Monkey Ball 2. 1 is good too, but it isn't as monkeylicious creative as 2.

Anyway, this is a stage (or floor) thread for all you monkeys trapped in plastic balls SMB fans.

BTW I ******* HATE ARTHROPOD

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I preferred the first one. the stages in the second felt a bit too gimmicky to me, while the stages in the first felt more skill-based. after that they kinda rolled went downhill for me, the more recent ones aren't a patch on the first two.

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
I preferred the first one. the stages in the second felt a bit too gimmicky to me, while the stages in the first felt more skill-based. after that they kinda rolled went downhill for me, the more recent ones aren't a patch on the first two.
I see the second game as innovative rather than gimmicky. I thought that SMB 1's level designs were too basic and it overused flat stages. SMB2 created much more dynamic stages that have a lot more replay value IMO.

Sega really needs to beg AV to come back because SMB needs some help. By help, I mean a return to the original engine and level design philosophy.

Last edited:

SilverGS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0173-1615-2403
Yeah, Monkey Ball really needs to go back to the roots.
Imo, Banana Blitz wasn't as fun as the first because of the controls (and the redesigns of the monkeys are bad for me), and Adventure... I really don't understand why they did that.

My favourites are the 2 GC opus (with a small preference for the first), just because they're just sooo fun to play with friends.

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
Funny. I read this as "frustration simulator." This game pissed me off 700 too many times to enjoy it.

SilverGS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0173-1615-2403
Playing over and over on the middle category of levels is another way, even if it's really frustrating, but when you're finally able to clear it you're playing correctly. But still, you will really suffer on some expert levels.

JohnnyDelMidwest

Smash Apprentice
Playing over and over on the middle category of levels is another way, even if it's really frustrating, but when you're finally able to clear it you're playing correctly. But still, you will really suffer on some expert levels.
Monkey ball is a game where learning how to execute strats requires you to watch someone else do it.

Top Bottom