• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Bros Z is coming back!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Remember that Mario/Sonic crossover flash movie series with the story and action inspired by Dragon Ball Z? Yeah, it was cancelled roughly 3 years ago. However, it is being rebooted by the original creator!

Here is his new YouTube channel

Feel free to discuss any predictions, expectations, concerns, or any other general thoughts on the reboot.

Table of Contents:

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I've heard of it back in 2010, but I haven't watched the original series. However, IRS good to know that a series like this is getting revitalized.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This reminds me of the days of sprite flash animation movies of Newgrounds. I'm glad to see the series remastered for newer fans who may be interested in the series.

I do hope that Alvin keeps in the original sprites for Jeff and Hal from Bowser's Kingdom.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
This reminds me of the days of sprite flash animation movies of Newgrounds. I'm glad to see the series remastered for newer fans who may be interested in the series.

I do hope that Alvin keeps in the original sprites for Jeff and Hal from Bowser's Kingdom.
From what I heard, the pipe maze episode was not liked by Alvin due to being too dialogue heavy and the ending being a deus ex machina (info gotten from the TV Tropes trivia page, so take it with a grain of salt).

That being said, Jeff and Hal were cameos in that episode, so they probably could be repurposed elsewhere.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh man, I remember this series. IIRC it ended on a cliff hanger years ago and then disappeared off the face of the internet. Glad to see it's return.

Last edited:
I hope he doesn't cancel it again. I was very frustrated after waiting for episode 9 for several years and then he tells that he is cancelling the series.

Anyway, I wonder how many changes he is going to make to the plot (and to other things)? I heard he didn't like Captain Basilisk, so I guess he'll be removed, and since Bowser's Kingdom ended several years ago, I doubt Jeff and Hal will make a cameo again. Also, if he disliked Basilisk because he was fan-made, Axem Blue (who was going to appear on second season) has probably been dropped too, maybe Mecha-Mario as well.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I hope he doesn't cancel it again. I was very frustrated after waiting for episode 9 for several years and then he tells that he is cancelling the series.

Anyway, I wonder how many changes he is going to make to the plot (and to other things)? I heard he didn't like Captain Basilisk, so I guess he'll be removed, and since Bowser's Kingdom ended several years ago, I doubt Jeff and Hal will make a cameo again. Also, if he disliked Basilisk because he was fan-made, Axem Blue (who was going to appear on second season) has probably been dropped too, maybe Mecha-Mario as well.
From the new intro, Mecha Mario is definitely still in. I feel Basilisx is definitely out and thing Wart is most likely replaced by K Rool.

Regarding Axem Blue though, I heard that he would have been constructed from the broken parts of a defeated Mecha Sonic, however I'm not entirely sure whether this was from Alvin or a fan idea. Regardless, it would still make for a really cool idea.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Oh! Super Mario Bros. Z! IT'S COMING BACK YUSSSSSSSS
Yeah, for a while when I was a kid, I was into Flash animations. And it all started with Super Mario Bros. Z. When I hear people say they grew up with Dragonball Z, I grew up with Super Mario Bros. Z XD

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Good to know this is coming back after it got cancelled years ago. I remember first watching Super Mario Bros. Z on Newgrounds 10 years ago when sprite movies were a thing. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna re-watch older episodes now.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Mark Haynes (AlvinEarthworm) recently released a new piece of animation so to speak, dubbed the Credits Roll:

I think its cute. Simple, as a credits roll should be, but looks barren without the credits them. Also like the song choice, but I feel the song is a bit loud.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball Z, Super Mario Bros. Sonic mixed together in a high octane fast paced adventure. That stuff was the **** back in the day I am glad it's back.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Must say that the first episode really blew me away! MUCH better than how it was done ten years ago!

I am hoping Alvin can continue the series because the cliffhanger was a huge disappointment

Top Bottom