• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Jump observation

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I don't think this has been discussed before so I thought I'd bring it up. I was playing around with DeDeDe's upB today and found something very strange. It may or may not be useful, I still need to test it a little more.

What happend was I used his upB from below the edge of Final Destination. He ended up hitting his head under the stage, and I thought I was dead. Then the weird part happend. He hit his read right at the edge of the stage, so close to the end that I couldn't even tell he had hit it. But he went into his "ouch my head hurts" animation, and then continued to move upwards. I ended up landing on the stage while in the "ouch" animation. This seemed to have less lag than landing with the move normally.

I probably didn't describe it very well, it's hard to explain. But basically I was able to recover from under FD onto the stage, with less lag than the move usually has on landing. I did this accidentally once and after trying to do it on purpose for quite a while was only able to do it about 1 out of every 30 tries, so it's kinda hard to time, and it probably isn't even all that helpful, but I thought it was kinda interesting.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I kinda get what you're trying to describe, but a video would really help.

Do you think it's something that can theoretically be practiced?

Also are there situations, where it better to do this instead of grabbing the edge?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm still working on it, I just wanted to go ahead and get it out there to see if anyone else had experienced it. I still can't do it consistently though. If I ever get to where I can, then I will put up a video of it.

Top Bottom