• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sup all

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Hey, finally decided to check this place out, coming over from Game FAQs. Been playing smash a while now, mostly casual, little tourney play, had a lot of fun with it and other fighters (Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, DBZ B:3), and am super hype for Sm4sh for 3ds, and looking forward to upping my game a bit with this one.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hello, Ehn Jolly... if that is your real name! Welcome to Smashboards, I am sure that you have heard many great things about us. :troll:

I also enjoy a plethora of fighting-games, including DBZ, but I do not usually cite those ones. :denzel:

Anyways, I hope that the 3DS version of Smash allows you to up the ante. I am going to just purchase it to sate my inherent desire for Smash to be honest. However, it is great to see someone genuinely excited for that lesser-loved version.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Welcome, Ejn Jolly. Hope you enjoy yourself in the wonderland of Smashboards!
Also, good luck with Smash in the future! :colorful:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot guys, really looking forward to tightening up my game. If anyone here plays the Pathfinder RPG, I've also written an alchemist guide and barbarian guide for that game, so I'm pretty well versed in basic mechanics.

Hoping to get more info on smash here, maybe try to set up a competitive scene in my area or join one that's already been established for both 3ds and Wii U. Mostly I just want to do commentary on matches though, that'd be sweet.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yay, we saved you from GameFAQs :troll:

Welcome to Smashboards Ehn Jolly :) I'm only going by your sig, but are you interested in using Lucina? And commentators are still very welcome! Aren't too many dedicated commentators out there, so that would be nice.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Yay, we saved you from GameFAQs :troll:

Welcome to Smashboards Ehn Jolly :) I'm only going by your sig, but are you interested in using Lucina? And commentators are still very welcome! Aren't too many dedicated commentators out there, so that would be nice.
I was never deep into there anyways, more of just a 'best place so far' sort of situation there. And yeah, I'm seriously hyped for Lucina, I was a Marth main in Melee/Brawl, huge FE:A fan, so I'm hoping Lucy will be good. Also looking forward to Little Mac, since his playstyle fits my own.

And yeah, I love the idea of doing commentary, the hype of it all, getting into the moment, making the match more intense for everyone watching it. It's such a cool idea, and I'd love to get into doing stuff like that.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Lol I came from Gamefaqs too, what was your username there? Also I'm loving Smashboards so much more I feel the need to be mature here lmfaooo

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
It's NJolly over there, since that's my actual name. This place is cool, I need to search around it a bit more to feel it out, but I feel like I'll get way better info and input here, possibly be able to get involved in my local smash community or build one up if there's not one already in the western PA area (have to imagine Pittsburgh has a scene though, I know some friends who would be in it).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I was never deep into there anyways, more of just a 'best place so far' sort of situation there. And yeah, I'm seriously hyped for Lucina, I was a Marth main in Melee/Brawl, huge FE:A fan, so I'm hoping Lucy will be good. Also looking forward to Little Mac, since his playstyle fits my own.

And yeah, I love the idea of doing commentary, the hype of it all, getting into the moment, making the match more intense for everyone watching it. It's such a cool idea, and I'd love to get into doing stuff like that.
I enjoyed Awakening myself. I really enjoy it's playability (as in how many times you can repeat the game and still have fun with it), and the overall presentation of it was nice. Not my favorite FE title (PoR still holds that spot), but easily one of the favorites for me.

I do agree with you on the commentary though. There may be a decent match on a stream, but if the commentary isn't all that good, it can make it seem like a snooze fest.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed Awakening myself. I really enjoy it's playability (as in how many times you can repeat the game and still have fun with it), and the overall presentation of it was nice. Not my favorite FE title (PoR still holds that spot), but easily one of the favorites for me.

I do agree with you on the commentary though. There may be a decent match on a stream, but if the commentary isn't all that good, it can make it seem like a snooze fest.
It was my first entry into the series, and the ease of entry combined with a strong presentation and fun mechanics made it something I could easily enjoy. I'll have to try other FE games later, but I'm perfectly happy with FE:A for the time being.

And yeah, bad commentary is a curse on a match. You need someone who can encapsulate the hype, get everyone feeling it. It's not hard to turn people off of a match, especially when commentators start talking about inane details. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people going about needless garbage, ruining a great match because of it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It was my first entry into the series, and the ease of entry combined with a strong presentation and fun mechanics made it something I could easily enjoy. I'll have to try other FE games later, but I'm perfectly happy with FE:A for the time being.

And yeah, bad commentary is a curse on a match. You need someone who can encapsulate the hype, get everyone feeling it. It's not hard to turn people off of a match, especially when commentators start talking about inane details. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people going about needless garbage, ruining a great match because of it.
That's another thing I love about Awakening - new people getting into the series I love so much. Why many other hardcore FE fans argue about how easy Awakening is compared to other installments, you can still make the game as hard/easy as you want it to be imo. Classic or Casual, various difficulty modes, DLC or no DLC, so many ways to play. Would definitely be my first recommendation for others wanting to try an FE game.

Either really knowledgable, funny, hype, or some of those qualities combined/all of the above - Those people typically make the best commentators that people are always loving to hear from. If you go off irrelevant discussion that's not even funny, there's a clear sense of disengagement...could be somewhat knowledgable, with no hype, resulting in lackluster commentary...there's a lot of things. I really give props to those who do a nice job with it. Very few actually become known for their commentary, so I definitely wish you the best.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Oh, also forgot to mention, I'm semi competitive in pokemon as well, and I'm a big fan of competitive shinies (meaning 5/6 IV or Hidden Power pokemon with egg moves), my list is in my sig, everything here is tourney legal obviously, so let me know if you're interested in trading competitive tourney shinies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom