• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday Online Weeklies

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday we had 12 people sign up and 11 show up for a impromptu Sunday night tournament (http://challonge.com/SNSSB1). I was thinking that this should become a regular thing since it went well last night. I wanted to gauge interest in this becoming a weekly thing instead of spreading out resources with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday tournaments.

Rules for this tourney were 10pm EST start time best 2 of 3 games, grand finals were best of 5, apex ruleset used through challenging opponents through anther's ladder, anther's ladder was also used to communicate with opponent and the tournament chat, and a bracket on challonge.

I also think that instead of tournaments we can do a sort of online smash fest on Friday and Saturday nights by people hanging out on anther's ladder and rotating and challenging each other starting around 9pm EST.

Please let me know your thoughts on the day, time, rules, if you think this is a good idea, or anything else that tingles your fancy.

caneut

Smash Ace
this is a very good idea

i can strim maybe

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
If it was an earlier start time I would offer to stream

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
How early? 8pm EST? 9pm EST?
I sleep at 11 pm because of work. Actually I like to stream smash 64 on sunday nights anyway so 8 pm would be pretty good.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
awesome but arent studs tournaments on sunday? cant we all just have fun in one tourney? maybe you could do wednesdays or something

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
awesome but arent studs tournaments on sunday? cant we all just have fun in one tourney? maybe you could do wednesdays or something
Studstill's been running them for a while and I believe he is taking a break (which he deserves because he has put a ton of time into his weekend series). Plus the site is very busy and clogged up with char battles and what not. This is a way to still have a tourney on the weekend, but instead of 3, it's one big one with a consistent stream included.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Trying to run it all through advancedbrackets since it should have everything needed and fixed (bracket, chat, and stream). Check in at 850 should be good. Will start promptly at 9 but can take late entrants until 920. Late entrants will start in losers.

Shears

Smash Master
This will be the first test of everything since its been moved to an upgraded host. I will try to be around for this to make sure things run smoothly and address any concerns if they arise. I'll also try to be logged into the host to monitor its performance in case something does go wrong I can catch it right away.

Top Bottom