• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sunday, July 19th] Smashy Sundays #1

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux

Hosted by Envioux
Smashboards • Anther's • RTF

Hey there, welcome to the first tournament in the Smashy Sundays series!
It is currently undetermined whether or not I will host these on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, the turnout will decide!

The tournament will take place on Sunday, July 19th at 6:00 PM EST. Signups will be linked at the end of the post along with the link to the IRC channel. This tournament is for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

This tournament will feature a $10 Eshop card (or some 10 dollar alternative) as the prize, and will be advertised in a various amount of locations, so be prepared to fight some truly skilled players! Prize may increase depending on generosity of friends. Without further ado, let's move on to the rules!

General

- All participants are required to check in on the challonge bracket one hour before the tournament starts.
- If you do not check in, you will be dropped from the bracket!
- You are required to be in the IRC channel to communicate with your opponents.
- If you are not in the IRC channel, you will be dropped.
- This is something I am hosting for fun. Be respectful and don't give me a hard time, you will be removed.

Game Specific

- Double Elimination bracket: normal matches best 2/3, winner's finals & loser's finals & grand finals will be best 3/5
- 2 stock, 6 minutes, customs off
- Items set to off & none
- Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage can be chosen for a game if both players agree
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: A stage that a player has most recently won on cannot be counter picked by the same player
- Sudden Death: If a match reaches time out, the winner is decided by highest stock then lowest %. If the % is the same for both players, the players will fight a 1-stock, 3 minute match
- Stalling Clause: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing normally, such as pausing, and freezing glitches, will result in a forfeit of the player/party that initiated the stall. Please report stalling with a replay.

Legal Stages: Final Destination (Omega), Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town and City
Counterpick: Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Castle Siege, Duck Hunt, Dreamland64

- Stage Striking
-Higher seed strikes first
-First match is 1-2-1
-Second match: Winner Strikes 2, Loser picks from remaining stages

Signups (Link)
IRC (Link)
Bracket (Link)
Stream (Link)

Last edited:

cheeseboy2251

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cheeseboy2251
3DS FC
4983-5459-0910
I have zero experience in tournaments. First time. I get everything but the striking and the 1-2-1 thingy. Help?

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
I have zero experience in tournaments. First time. I get everything but the striking and the 1-2-1 thingy. Help?
each player takes a turn striking a stage they do not want to play on. In game 1, you can only strike and play on a starter stage.

As an example, let's say I strike FD first. You then strike BF and T&C. I strike Lylat, therefore we play on SV as it is the only remaining stage in the starter list.

Let us then say I win the first game. I strike 2 from the list and you can pick from the remaining stage list. If there is a game 3, the same thing repeats, only this time you strike 2.

If I said anything confusing, feel free to ask about it. I hope this clears things up!

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
Due to complications, the current IRC link has been changed.

Veszhege

Smash Rookie
I'll join. It's my first-ish? tournament. Is there any post that is s crash course on how these things work? Do we just add each other and smash online?

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
I'll join. It's my first-ish? tournament. Is there any post that is s crash course on how these things work? Do we just add each other and smash online?
pretty much. you sign up on bracket, and you're paired with a certain opponent. we'll all be in the IRC linked in the OP, you send them a private message on IRC and then add each other's NNID. here's a quick screenshot of the IRC interface I linked to, showing how to do this.

http://i.imgur.com/EhxMopr.png

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
Small announcement, I will be streaming the tournament. If anyone else would like to, or potentially commentate, let me know. If the matches lag with me streaming, I will just accept replays and record those instead.

I've been doing extensive tests and can't actually stream in 1080p without significant lag on player's ends, so I'm gonna have to tone down quality for the sake of the players.

Last edited:

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
Almost 40 entrants, my mind is literally blown. Thank you to everyone who's interested and signed up. There are still two hours left before the tournament starts.

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
18 of 37 participants have checked in, with checkins ending in 2 minutes! I'm sure EVO is making people forget, but don't forget to check in guys.

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
Thanks to everyone who showed up for my first tournament! I hope you all had a great time, and congratulations to FTL|Jamesleartist for winning!

Top Bottom