• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Wiisp

Smash Lord
there is no reason for him to back on his VT claim
people should not unvote if he claims a PR, that's insane

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Btw, 100% Bessie did not know the vtotals when she voted and didn't know it would tie. She moved based on a very hurried thread check and likely only read my summery post of the situation which at the time said z, hand and DB were all viable.

Spak Spak LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI why did you have useless votes at EoD D1?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes @ Boom. I realized I'd go pythag either way.

ScumHando
Mala (1) - Boom
Pythag (1) - Xivii

TownHando
Mala (1) - Boom
Pythag (1) - Xivii

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Shoot Jack for either
Call this a putting out of misery shot if he is town
but I suspect he is still a wolf

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have work, but I wanna say some final thoughts later
so don't end the day phase plz

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Unvote Jackrito

They only upped their contribution when they felt in danger which is a bad sign, but they are contributing and I don't want to off townJack D2. As a participater I think we will be able to sort them late game.

VigPick Malakadra
I mean my contribution was ok before that, this came more from finally having free time yesterday for once, but ok I guess.

I agree with Mala though as a vig target.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Shoot Jack for either
Call this a putting out of misery shot if he is town
but I suspect he is still a wolf
Oh now he wants to put me out of misery when I'm not even miserable fully. The game when I am you try to meme on me and stop the lynch to put me through another day.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I stated my intent for a reason. Is there anything you're waiting on?
I anticipate him coming in claiming a PR and the wagon dissolving. I'll wait, but if he retracts his VT claim, I'm hammering immediately. I'm not risking CC spew.
If that happens no one should counter claim anyway, he dies today if he claims something else then VT and based off his play, and not caring since self vote I doubt he does.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Vig Mala

Either way. I would like one on Logic because like 90% sure he is scum atm but no one agrees with me so you know.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
might actually be bessie
your content isnt as great as you think it is
and 1-2 walls per day hasn't been a thing for you

when I think walls, I dont think one paragraph
Why arent you voting anyone?
I’m not making the walls anymore. I’m reading and responding to posts individually instead of reading and analyzing each day’s content as a whole.
How are we all supposed to vote but not end the day early?

Also, bessie: I remember you being super active and a Town lead in Crossover, and your play here seems vastly different (albeit I can't go back and check the game because of the current unfortunate circumstances). Please don't read this as trying to call you out or anything (this game's already over 2000 posts long and I'm a vast minority of them so I understand it's hard to keep up), but are you just busier irl/can't contribute as much time to the game? Please be straight with me; I don't want you dead atm because I can't get a good read on your slot yet and I'd love to see you take up the torch again (even if you can't devote as much time, town!Bessie would be a HUGE asset in LyLo imo), but I'm trying to figure out if you're coasting or if you're genuinely trying to be active and just can't up to this point.
I made my availability known in the signup thread, and no one objected.
https://smashboards.com/threads/sumting-sumting-maifa-signups-16-16.503381/post-23935191
The vast majority of my mafia time has always been on weekends, in this game weekends are falling on the night cycles. I don’t post a lot on weekdays, and this is since I started playing 6 years ago you can verify it by reading really old games in the wayback machine (there’s no recent games archived). Spak ask me the IRL question again after the game.

Bessie swapped from Z25 to Hando in the last min that messed things up a lot. I'm not blaming anyone just doing a tiny bit of VCA because bored, I knew we need more flips for VCA but I don't care . Booms switch to agree with me and then back to Hando was weird as hell also. I don't understand why he does that in the last min when he was so anti the DB lynch before and DB was not even a option anymore.
What? I was never voting for Z25. I was voting for Triss.

I have to go to work. I’m on page 53 I will pick up here later.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I’m not making the walls anymore. I’m reading and responding to posts individually instead of reading and analyzing each day’s content as a whole.
How are we all supposed to vote but not end the day early?

I made my availability known in the signup thread, and no one objected.
https://smashboards.com/threads/sumting-sumting-maifa-signups-16-16.503381/post-23935191
The vast majority of my mafia time has always been on weekends, in this game weekends are falling on the night cycles. I don’t post a lot on weekdays, and this is since I started playing 6 years ago you can verify it by reading really old games in the wayback machine (there’s no recent games archived). Spak ask me the IRL question again after the game.

What? I was never voting for Z25. I was voting for Triss.

I have to go to work. I’m on page 53 I will pick up here later.
Wait were you ok that is way less bad then I thought you were on Z25 for some reason my bad there.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
ScumHando
Mala (2) - Boom, Jackrito
Pythag (1) - Xivii
Jackrito (1) - Wiisp

TownHando
Mala (2) - Boom, Jackrito
Pythag (1) - Xivi
Jackrito (1) - Wiisp

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
VigPick: DB

If the town's vig didn't already use their shot on him (I'm assuming they would only have one; more than that seems busted), they should. I can't think of a context where a scumteam would've wanted to shoot town!DB after almost getting him lynched D1.

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet

If the town's vig didn't already use their shot on him (I'm assuming they would only have one; more than that seems busted), they should. I can't think of a context where a scumteam would've wanted to shoot town!DB after almost getting him lynched D1.
???????

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only kills that would make less sense based on what you just said would be a) yourself and b) wiisp

could you please elaborate on why you think the vig should waste another shot on dead bananas when it's clear that if he did get shot n1 it was not by the wolf team?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
the only kills that would make less sense based on what you just said would be a) yourself and b) wiisp

could you please elaborate on why you think the vig should waste another shot on dead bananas when it's clear that if he did get shot n1 it was not by the wolf team?
I'm pretty confident he didn't get shot by the mafia, so if he didn't get shot by the Vig N1, he probably didn't get shot at all. The role is obscure enough to dodge CC and if he used the standard shot, he can get checked as vanilla (if Fonti's the role cop) and be safe from tracking since he said right out of the gate that he targeted the slot that died. If another member of the scumteam has KP, that explains the two deaths.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer

I mean i guess it doesn't change my point that boom Jack and I were all on a bad wagon.
But I don't always think a singular bad wagon is the worst thing in the world, Mislynches happen for a number of reasons.
In IRL mafia it was almost expected that the first lynch would be a townie, so I'm not totally pinged only by us being on a bad wagon.
to be on potentially pushing 3 bad wagons? That looks worse than bad luck. (referenced here)

boom looked bad to me for his wagon hopping EoD, but I don't know if I can see a scum!boom making the arguments he did.
He was practically dragging Sab into the thread to talk to him.
I know boom can be agressive (see Triss earlier) but this, eh, I don't know. the whole interaction seemed very genuine to me.

I felt better about boom, worse about Sab.
It also looked like my 'good' read on Sab was also based of of information that I had seemingly created.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord

You are making a lot of assumptions about the game setup that I disagree with. But sure, if the vig didn't shoot DB N1 but there is a Vig then the Vig should shoot DB N2 because the vig knows DB is lying. In that (very unlikely) scenario this mini-game is irreverent.

Now play the actual game. Assume the vig did shoot DB and has a shot every Night. (Very possible in a large game btw). In that case who should the vig shoot toNight?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Wait were you ok that is way less bad then I thought you were on Z25 for some reason my bad there.
It would help me understand you if you used punctuation. I did finally understand what you were saying on the third reading of this.

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
Why does town Hando mean mala? Does town Hando improve your opinion of Jack or decrease your opinion of Mala?
it doesn't, but i'm faintly worrying about the world in which hando/jack are both villagers

basically, i would stress a lot about a jack shot if hando flipped v, much less if hando flipped w

i don't think the equity would swing that much one way or another but it would make me fee more confident this way than otherwise :p

while i think the argument for jack being wolf is better than the argument for malak being wolf, i also think the argument for him being v is also marginally better than the argument for malak v

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Now play the actual game. Assume the vig did shoot DB and has a shot every Night. (Very possible in a large game btw). In that case who should the vig shoot toNight?
On a scum!Hando flip, I'd look into shooting pretty much anyone on the latter half of Z's wagon (I can't check easily due to being on mobile). The Hando/Z push happened after I left so I don't have a great recollection of who did what, so I'd have to go back and read back through to figure out what
You are making a lot of assumptions about the game setup that I disagree with. But sure, if the vig didn't shoot DB N1 but there is a Vig then the Vig should shoot DB N2 because the vig knows DB is lying. In that (very unlikely) scenario this mini-game is irreverent.
Right, but people seem to also be ignoring that this mini-game would be irrelevant in that context (which it evidently wasn't to some, or else we wouldn't have had a ????????). Vigs are common but having a game without one isn't unheard of (but then again doing setup/mod analysis seems to be a sin nowadays), and for all we know it could be an Indy role wreaking havoc lol. Plus, I don't think that scenario is as unlikely as you think that scenario is. I feel like the Vig would've said something by now. We'll see, though.

Vig: Jack

Either way. He's voting Mala only for self-survival,
Well yeah, anyone should vote to self-preserve bar a no lynch or abounding mechanics info. It's literally against one's winstate to die bar jester (since you'd be letting a confirmed town/scum die from their PoV).

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Well yeah, anyone should vote to self-preserve bar a no lynch or abounding mechanics info. It's literally against one's winstate to die bar jester (since you'd be letting a confirmed town/scum die from their PoV).
He's preemptively voting for survival. He's not even trying to push Logic.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
He was pushing Logic while Logic was around, but Logic isn't gonna happen toDay so he's shifted to another viable candidate. I think it's less a preemptive vote and more putting down a vote that might actually count imo.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Vig: Jack

Either way. He's voting Mala only for self-survival,

Not true I have being saying Mala is scum the whole game, my own surivial has nothing to do with it. My first choice is still Logic though for reasons given, but no body will vig that yet.

I have being pretty clear on my scum reads lately.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I made a case on Logic today and gave the difference in meta. What more do you want from me, I'm also pretty sure my current vote is also still on him. How are you saying I'm not pushing him here.

Top Bottom