• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suicune - moveset tinkering

drcossack

Smash Ace
Standard Cune, already EV trained in HP/Defense/Sp. Def.

Moveset right now is

Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Roar
Surf

Earlier, I was fooling around with a SubSeeding Sceptile in the Battle Tower, and I ran into a Wobbuffet.

I don't remember if I had a Sub up when it entered the battle (don't think I did), but that's unimportant. Anyway, I seeded, then Sub'd. On my next turn, I hit it with an X-Scissor, and of course the Sub died to the ensuing Counter.

My question(s): Would Sub be useful as a move on Suicune? If so, what should I get rid of? I'm not interested in putting it on there solely to counter Wobbuffet, but I'm interested in hearing about some other uses for it.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Suicune has the defenses to take some hits, so it doesn't really a substitute. Substitutes are for Pokemon that have weak defenses but exceptional strength, so they can hide behind it and deliver blows.

Your Suicune works best with a Spiker/Stealth Rocker. Suicune can, hopefully, take a hit from a counter(not Wobuffet counter), then Roar it away. Not only will the incoming Pokemon be hurt by Spikes/Stealth Rock, but the Poke may be a bad one for the situation the opponent is in. So you can predict and launch a Surf or Ice Beam while the opponent switches, or switch out your own Pokemon for a better one for the situation.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Standard Cune, already EV trained in HP/Defense/Sp. Def.

Moveset right now is

Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Roar
Surf

Earlier, I was fooling around with a SubSeeding Sceptile in the Battle Tower, and I ran into a Wobbuffet.

I don't remember if I had a Sub up when it entered the battle (don't think I did), but that's unimportant. Anyway, I seeded, then Sub'd. On my next turn, I hit it with an X-Scissor, and of course the Sub died to the ensuing Counter.

My question(s): Would Sub be useful as a move on Suicune? If so, what should I get rid of? I'm not interested in putting it on there solely to counter Wobbuffet, but I'm interested in hearing about some other uses for it.

if you've EV trained it in special defense already, then there's no need for calm mind

i would suggest teaching it rain dance to boost it's surf, while attaching a damp rock to double the turns of rain dance, and then teaching it tailwind to boost it's speed for a few turns at a time

ss118

Smash Master
if you've EV trained it in special defense already, then there's no need for calm mind

i would suggest teaching it rain dance to boost it's surf, while attaching a damp rock to double the turns of rain dance, and then teaching it tailwind to boost it's speed for a few turns at a time
no
10 char min

Chill

Red
BRoomer
He means no teaching it rain dance would be a foolish idea. As would teaching it rest with chesto berry as a held item. That only works in the battle tower.

The set you have now if fine Suicune doesn't need sub.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Like lowradiation said, pump a little more EVs into Defense than SD because Calm Mind will already be boosting SD.

Also, what's its nature? Modest would be good.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Like lowradiation said, pump a little more EVs into Defense than SD because Calm Mind will already be boosting SD.

Also, what's its nature? Modest would be good.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
He didn't say that. He said don't teach it calm mind.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
He didn't say that. He said don't teach it calm mind.
true.....i didn't.......but now that i think about it, that would sound like a good idea, except i'm pretty sure he's maxed out all of his EVs already

but if he hasn't.......then he should add some to defense and speed, in my opinion

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Bold Suicune is too good.

Sub is mostly to avoid status problems, but yeah, Suicune got good enough defences to take some hits. I think Rest is a better opinion for avoiding status, since it also recover your HP. ChestoRest sucks, though. Leftovers > everything else.
But CalmCune with Rest is pretty invincible, unless you're facing a water absorber.

Uh, 208 Speed, max HP and a lot of defence is probably all it need. Calm Mind does fill the sp.stats. If suggest that you use some Grepa Berries on it. It really don't need the extra sp.defence.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
:p Yaya. You should focus on the moveset, then.

But really, Slowbro is pretty much the same. It might not get any phazing move, but insted it get's a decent recoverymove and another STABed move. If you're not using any spikers I would suggest Slowbro insted. And unlike Suicune you can breed it for a perfect result.

Top Bottom