• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suicide throws

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Aren't suicide throws supposed to kill the thrower first? Because I just lost to a Ganondorf who suicide side-B'd me, because I died first. Even though he had way higher percent.

And because it was For Glory, he then changed his name to "2easy". Yeah, so easy that you barely killed me at 130% on your last stock and then got a lucky suicide throw.

Last edited:

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
It varies by character. Bowser dies first but Ganon dies second.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf will always win of he command grabs you in the air. Bowser is way more inconsistent, but most of the time he'll actually lose. Some tournaments have a rule that states that any match that ends in a suicide throw goes to the one who initiated it, no matter what the results screen says.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Ganondorfs will always kill you first
Bowsers will either kill you at the same time, or he will die first
I'm not sure, but I think that Robin, Dedede, Kirby, and Warios all kill them first because you pop out before you both hit the blast zones (don't quote me on this though ;P)
I have no Idea how the kill order is when ROB, Kirby, or Charizards Up throws are used on a moving platform a la smashville and result in a death

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ganondorf's the only character who actually wins with a suicide move I believe. All other characters either lose or rarely tie.

Kirby and Dedede win if their victim mashes out at the blast zone as they'll release downward, but lose if they drop off the bottom with the opponent still inhaled.

Top Bottom