• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: Project M save file (Solved)

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
Hi. I made a suggestion some time ago on the social thread, but my timing couldn't had been worse: the day before release. So it seemingly went by completely unnoticed.

Here's me posting what I had said again, now that everything's settled down and Project M has new forums. So, here goes nothing.

-------
Hello. I don't post much around here, so I don't expect what I'm saying to hold much weight in comparison to others. But seeing the amount of detail going into this mod made me want to say something.

It would be very cool if Project M was made to have a (rather small) secondary save file only for statistics, and scores, while taking the rest (the more global stuff) from the normal Brawl data. I know Project M is focused on multiplayer, but maybe sometimes someone might want to try how the Melee Physics fare in Classic, Target Practice, and even Subspace Emissary (I think I heard you even improved the AI? I'd like to test that). Not everybody will, but at least we agree it shouldn't be shut down for those who might.

So it would be nice if you could play to your heart's content and explore the single player experience, without hampering Brawl's. Scores and times won't hold the same value in Project M than they did in Brawl, and the records kept in Data might tell you more if they only show Project M's values, without having them mixed with Brawl's (and other mods). So keeping them in separate places without having them overwriting each other would serve this purpose well.

So far you're still in Beta stage, so it's not unreasonable this hasn't been touched so far. But once you make that one release we all are looking forward to, I think you might appreciate all that effort you put in it the most if it behaved as if it were its own game as much as possible (which I believe it will be). So I just went ahead and said it.

Just my 2 cents. Have a good day everyone. See you in 2013! And many, many thanks for your efforts so far :)
-------

I hope this gets my point across. If not, I could elaborate if asked. Anyways, thanks again Project M. Thank you for what you're doing.

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
Oh... Well that's too bad. I hope they consider it if it ever becomes possible x).

Heh, it was worth a shot :). I wonder how many would like to see this, however.

Edit: Hey. Even though not many people are likely to see this, I'll leave a record of how I managed to do this, as there aren't any explanations around (or at least none that I saw!)

1st. Download Riivolution from here http://rvlution.net/
2nd. Download the Riivolution pack from Project M's site.
3rd. Extract Riivolution to the /apps/ folder in your device's root (either SD or USB)
4th. Extract the Project M package into the root of the device (There will be a riivolution folder you might want to merge with the one in apps, but it will work either way you prefer)
Last. Download this xml file http://rvlution.net/wiki/Patch_Templates#Redirected_Savegames and paste it into the Riivolution folder :). Done! (but don't forget to enable it when you launch it). You might also want to edit the xml and change the save_game path, if you want.

When you launch Riivolution the first time, it will extract the Brawl save to that path. And from then on, it will load this backuped one and not the Wii one. Enjoy!

Top Bottom