• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: Change Player Indicators to match Melee's

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
In Brawl (and P:M), if you're not playing with a custom name, there's huge P1 and P2 player indicator icons that float over your character almost all the time. In Melee, these icons only appeared if you stayed still for a while, and thus appeared much, much less often than they do in the current version of P:M/Brawl. Can you guys please either remove the P1/P2 indicators or make them appear only when you've been inactive to make it match Melee?

This seems like a really easy fix to make the game more like Melee.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I actually hadn't noticed this, as I and those I play with all use custom names. It seems rather unnecessary to me, but if they really want to make this game as close to Melee as possible, even down to minor cosmetics like this, than I don't suppose it would hurt to correct it. I'd completely understand and support their decision if they'd rather use their time to work on other things though.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Actually, TheDevicer already made a code for it, as I remember he posted it on the old boards. Someone even made a custom version of demo 2 with the code added in. It's a really simple fix and many people (like me) play without names just because the floating thing above your character is annoying to look at.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
Actually, TheDevicer already made a code for it, as I remember he posted it on the old boards. Someone even made a custom version of demo 2 with the code added in.
Ah. I wasn't aware. I didn't really play or follow 2.0.

It's a really simple fix and many people (like me) play without names just because the floating thing above your character is annoying to look at.
Yes, it does look nicer without the name over your head, but I still use a custom name because I like to track my (horrid) stats and keep tap jump off.

Kati

Smash Lord
I might be wrong, but I think even the tags would disappear every now and then.
*Edit* Nope, I was wrong.

The brawl names are so intrusive that I had to redo every name on the list so I could have a one-letter tag.

But yes, there is code to deal with this. I am only aware of one that permaneately gets rid of names.

But I don't think discussing codeset modifications is permitted, so message me.

*edit*

The names can actually get in they way of gameplay. For instance, if you are standing below a platform on battlefield, the name will completely obscure it. Is there a mine up there? has the turnip vanished? who knows!

Kati

Smash Lord
Clash of uncertain recollections. I'mma go test...

Edit*

Yeah, they don't go away, but they do shrink considerably as the camera zooms in, and their maximum size is also much smaller.

Top Bottom