• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: A way to "nerd" fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Hello again, I've been lurking around the forums lately and noticed quite a problem: Fox is incredibly powerful, and a nerf may actually be needed. But nerfing Fox will make our friendly Kitsune no longer really Fox. Thus, I have come up with quite an unorthadox and strange way to "nerd" him without really nerfing him, and that is to make an anti-fox. A character specifically designed to take him down.

This character will need some way to deal with his lasers: A reflector or low crouch position like Shiek's

And a easy way to gimp him is a must. This could be something simple as dropping an obstacle to something harder to execute like a down-air. Much like Fox's Shine or an item user's item

He needs a way to create a wall of hurt. At the very least a good defensive barrier to deal with Fox' advances, like with G&W

But to profit from that barrier, he needs a projectile of his own.

He also needs a way to combo Fox effectively.

Finally, he needs a great recovery in order to get away from Fox's Shine Spikes

With all of these stats put down, we can see that one character already fills a role similar to this: Falco (Except he doesn't have a good recovery. Like, at all) But there's a problem: Falco's speed. Falco is clunky compared to Fox and does not fare too well against him. Thus, I feel a new character may be needed. And who else to troll us Foxes than...

Tingle! Yes, the idiot in green, the band of all American gamer's existences, and while I think the game could get by without him perfectly well, why not? I'd personally main him just so I can have a good reason to yell Tingle Tingle Kooloo-Limpa as a taunt whenever my foes die. But aside from this, what will his moves be? Well,

His attacks could be fast and combo-able due to his nimble shape and odd stature. Moves could revolve around rupees, slaps and a face plant for a dash attack. These could be fast but weak, allowing a good balanced room for a wall of pain. His Forward B can let him toss rupees at his foes, with his Neutral be has him do his signature spin to throw rupees all around him. Imagine it being like a rain of confetti, but with rupees. Down B drops a tingle bomb, and maybe up B allows for him to inflate his ballon for up to three extra jumps, becoming helpless on the third, but he can float like Peach does on the first or second.

Now, I know this sounds like a character suggestion and in a way it is, but I really wanted to put an example on what I mean. (Plus, I needed to talk about the all powerful god that is Tingle)

In the end, I know this probably won't be much to change PMBR's minds but who cares? Wasting my life with useless tapping on an IPad is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom