• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggested Banned Character List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

Smash Cadet
I was pretty excited to get Brawl, but I was seriously disappointed in how horrendously overpowered some of the characters are.

I've comprised a list of characters that should be banned from tournament play, due to severe imbalances in design.
  • Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
  • Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
  • Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
  • Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
  • Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
  • Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
  • Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
  • Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
  • King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
  • R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.

VagrantGhost

Smash Rookie
I think you're pretty off the mark here, and in the back of my mind I'm hoping this is just a joke topic. I mean, Wario's bike? lol

The things you listed aren't gamebreaking.

Var

Smash Rookie
Let's just ban the A, B, R, L, Z, X, Y, Analog Stick, C stick, and the start button. Smash tournaments can only be played by swinging the controller violently at the opponent. Last man standing wins.

Seriously though, you've simply opted for the banning of everything that makes certain characters unique. The bike, for example, doesn't, in any way, make Wario better than other heavy characters.

Lyphen

Smash Rookie
I am completely against your suggestions and revoke your rights to spread them any further.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Let's just ban the A, B, R, L, Z, X, Y, Analog Stick, C stick, and the start button. Smash tornaments can only be played by swinging the controller violently at the opponent. Last man standing wins.
Don't forget about the swing smash.

orintemple

Smash Lord
In that case I am going to ban Ike cause his Fsmash is strong and Luigi cause his Fire Punch is strong...

LOL WOW YOU FAIL

T-major

Smash Champion
and in the back of my mind I'm hoping this is just a joke topic.
don't worry. it HAS to be a joke... seriously. the reason this guy is giving for banning characters are so ridiculous that it's impossible to be anything close to serious.

R.O.B's Gyro's can be used as an edge guard? well, yeah. THAT KIND OF THE POINT!

........ JESUS!......

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, just no.

A character ban would mean that the character is so incredibly broken that there is almost no way they can lose a match. It also implies that they have moves that literally break they way the game wan meant to be played. Boss characters are usually banned because they possess moves that either have insane priority or they literally break some of the game physics. The list you provided proves nothing.

Either this is a bad attempt at a joke topic or trolling.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're absolutely right.
Every character should have the exact same moveset so that no one has a different advantage and all have the same play style.

...In fact forget that, we need to ban edge guarding altogether and let everyone get back to the stage.

While we're at it, let's ban all moves that do damage. Characters that do more damage with different moves would have an unfair advantage.

The only way to legitly die in this tournament would be if the characters accidently jump off. (But no Up B recovery's! some provide more of a recovery than others.)

orintemple

Smash Lord
You're absolutely right.
Every character should have the exact same moveset so that no one has a different advantage and all have the same play style.

...In fact forget that, we need to ban edge guarding altogether and let everyone get back to the stage.

While we're at it, let's ban all moves that do damage. Characters that do more damage with different moves would have an unfair advantage.

The only way to legitly die in this tournament would be if the characters accidently jump off. (But no Up B recovery's! some provide more of a recovery than others.)
No we have to ban SDing because it gives the opponent a false sense of security.

Kraken

Smash Cadet
No, just no.

A character ban would mean that the character is so incredibly broken that there is almost no way they can lose a match. It also implies that they have moves that literally break they way the game wan meant to be played. Boss characters are usually banned because they possess moves that either have insane priority or they literally break some of the game physics. The list you provided proves nothing.

Either this is a bad attempt at a joke topic or trolling.
Unfortunately, these characters ARE game breaking, whether you decide to believe so or not.

In a tournament setting, the gameplay should be focused on Skill vs. Skill, not character imbalances.

This has to be a Joke topic.

IT HAS TOO
Careful with that spelling, it removes any credibility your posts would otherwise have.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
This is the stupidest list I've ever seen, banning 7 characters, two because they create random items that are 99% useless and can be used by the other player?

is it just me

or does it seem incredibly easy to troll smashboards?
edit: ****it

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Trying to prevent character imbalances within the tournament scene qualifies as trolling?
new challenger appears!

edit: oh wait wow, I didn't even realize your were the topic creator, my bad

carry on.

troll.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Trying to prevent character imbalances within the tournament scene qualifies as trolling?
Yes, omg. Character imbalances are what makes the game good, otherwise it would be all random and come down to rock paper scissors, just pick the right move at the right time.

You have to learn to play THIS GAME as well as you can to play competitively. Vs. DeDeDe, avoid getting grabbed while juggling and punishing his lag. Vs. Rob, dodge the ****ing thing off the stage. Millions of people (noobs?) still play DoTA and Counterstrike despite clearly imbalanced and unintentional (?) tactics, like killing a teammate for a scout and picking Luna (imbasaurus rex).

It's not imba, it's something to overcome. This is the noobiest trolliest thread ever to hit smashboards since the Roy forums.
</thread>

T-major

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, these characters ARE game breaking, whether you decide to believe so or not.
no their not. your just an idiot.

In a tournament setting, the gameplay should be focused on Skill vs. Skill, not character imbalances.
if people had an skill, they would be able to avoid ALL the moves you listed. ALL of those moves are VERY EASILY countered

Diddy's Banana's for example can be picked up by the other player, and used against the Diddy who threw them. making them balanced.

now, stop spreading your hair-brained nonsense....

Kraken

Smash Cadet
Yes, omg. Character imbalances are what makes the game good, otherwise it would be all random and come down to rock paper scissors, just pick the right move at the right time.

You have to learn to play THIS GAME as well as you can to play competitively. Vs. DeDeDe, avoid getting grabbed while juggling and punishing his lag. Vs. Rob, dodge the ****ing thing off the stage. Millions of people (noobs?) still play DoTA and Counterstrike despite clearly imbalanced and unintentional (?) tactics, like killing a teammate for a scout and picking Luna (imbasaurus rex).

It's not imba, it's something to overcome. This is the noobiest trolliest thread ever to hit smashboards since the Roy forums.
</thread>
Class imbalances =/= Good competition.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
This is really touchy. If it's a troll I gotta give him credit for raising hell. If he's for real he should be taken out back and beaten with a pipe.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
joke thread?

Clearly, we need to ban everyone and action replay as an Excitebike.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
This is the best joke thread I've read on Smashboards.

If he's serious, it'll be even funnier.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Oh, no, opinions!

You're just afraid of having your character banned in Brawl.
No.

And honestly, if there were NO characters banned in Melee, what makes anyone think theres going to be banned characters in brawl.

Class imbalances =/= Good competition.
Posting =/= doesn't mean you have a good argument. Your just posting things you don't like and trying to make it seem like all of those are impossible to counter.

And on another note, Metaknights recovery is JUST as good as Pit if not better, and I don't see you saying anything about him.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
I was pretty excited to get Brawl, but I was seriously disappointed in how horrendously overpowered some of the characters are.

I've comprised a list of characters that should be banned from tournament play, due to severe imbalances in design.
  • Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
  • Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
  • Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
  • Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
  • Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
  • Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
  • Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
  • Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
  • King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
  • R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom