• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Submissions to join the Wii U backroom?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
They'll come when they come. I know people are eager, but the game is still one year away from hitting US stores, minimum. Patience!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, the order of applications has little effect on your chances of getting in. Regardless of when you apply, you have to be a significant contributor to the community. That usually entails ranking well in tournaments. :]

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, access to a backroom isn't as easy as simply asking to be in. Just try and make yourself look well-behaved (Backroom forums are WAY more professional than the rest of the normal website, and have virtually zero trolls), well-informed (we don't want ignorant people when making tier lists and such, do we?), and gain more Smash knowledge (as in, aspire to become a top-level player and learn all you can), and I promise you you'll make it in.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Well, the order of applications has little effect on your chances of getting in. Regardless of when you apply, you have to be a significant contributor to the community. That usually entails ranking well in tournaments. :]
And that means I have to have the most experience.

And that means I have to have been born earlier then I was.

OH FOR ****'S SAKE!

Well, I guess I'll just have to get my knowledge of SSB4 through less legitimate means... >.<

The race to get better at this game hasn't even begun, and I've already lost a crapton of hope of getting good.

Sedda

Smash Champion
And that means I have to have the most experience.

And that means I have to have been born earlier then I was.

OH FOR ****'S SAKE!

Well, I guess I'll just have to get my knowledge of SSB4 through less legitimate means... >.<

The race to get better at this game hasn't even begun, and I've already lost a crapton of hope of getting good.
Don't worry about the backroom man. Just buy the game, have fun with it, and learn it. Talk to the community about it and explore it with them. If you feel like you know a lot about the game over time and can contribute, people will notice and maybe you could end up in there. Don't make it your end goal though

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh, don't be so dramatic. You have plenty of time to work your way up. You beat your friends. Then you beat your neighborhood. Then you beat the town. Then you beat the state. :D

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Oh, don't be so dramatic. You have plenty of time to work your way up. You beat your friends. Then you beat your neighborhood. Then you beat the town. Then you beat the state. :D
I still get kicked around by the game club I go to, which contains the only people I know who even like the game.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You don't HAVE to be an amazing player, as long as you're logical and contribute a lot to the community you're a candidate.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I still get kicked around by the game club I go to, which contains the only people I know who even like the game.
I will admit, it really does help to have someone better than you sit down and just tell you what to work on. Oftentimes, it's surprisingly simple what you need to work on. You'd be surprised, for example, how many players fail to understand the value of the weak jabs.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I will admit, it really does help to have someone better than you sit down and just tell you what to work on. Oftentimes, it's surprisingly simple what you need to work on. You'd be surprised, for example, how many players fail to understand the value of the weak jabs.
Too bad at my Game Club, we don't have time to run a crash course on how to get better. We just play casually for maybe an hour or two while talking.

And they're only "better" in the sense of "they win."

Even though nobody spaces, and it's almost always a 4-player battle.

Edit: TELL ME MORE ABOUT THESE GLORIOUS "Weak Jabs" YOU SPEAK OF.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Too bad at my Game Club, we don't have time to run a crash course on how to get better. We just play casually for maybe an hour or two while talking.
You're better off than I am. My area doesn't even have a game club. Makes it impossible to get better at Melee or Brawl. Plus I still can't drive. Stupid isolated area of the U.S...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*looks at his location*

Uhh, Florida's actually a real good Smash area. o_o

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Not SEFL, at least. Almost every single member I've seen on Smashboards from around my area doesn't even play Smash anymore. Closest major gaming site to me is the FIU campus, and I haven't heard of any events happening in the near future.

nessokman

Smash Lord
My backwoods town has no smash community. The nearest one is probably in my states Capitol, which is a really dangerous place :I not to mention 3 hours away. I think you don't have to be a god tournament player to get in, as long as you do your best to help the community grow. Things such as hosting online tournaments for those with no large smash community can go a good way, as long as you put forth your best effort and dont half *** it.Simple thing can go a long way.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, here's hopin' that any online play in Smash 4 is not the trainwreck that was Brawl online play.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just out of curiosity, how might a Backroom this time turn out given that we're dealing with two separate games? Will we end up with two Backrooms, or does it not matter due to a Universal Roster? Heck would you have to be good at both versions in order to get in should there only be one?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
They'll probably go together. The backroomers will just discuss regarding stages between themselves whoever has the WiiU version, 3DS version, or both. There'll probably be two main subforums inside the Smash4 Backroom forum for those. They'll both have the same icon and access to both subforums since both games share everything except stages, or at least that's how I see it happening.

Top Bottom