• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

StyleNess

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I was just wondering about how other people play Ness. I mean, for example, I play a very offensive Ness, it's not that I don't like playing defensively, I just like the feeling of pounding someone's face in. I go after the enemy and try to pressure them with fairs and nairs until I can get a bair or bat in. And lately, as people may have already known from my posts on the Lets Talk thread, I've been trying to work my offenses into a patchwork kind of...and I know this sound crazy....offensive defense. Any details beyond that rarely settle into a single style of play, it seems every time I learn something new, my entire playstyle changes to support it.

How about everyone else?

D

Deleted member

My opinion probably doesnt matter, but i like sorta...applying my own pace to the game. SO probably a little more defensive. I like to pressure my opponents with lots of fairs, but if my opponent starts to take control, i kinda just slow down the match, stalling in forms of running away, fake outs, and odd tactics (cant really describe, most involve running away :p)
Of course, my ness isnt very good, so most of this stuff doesnt work, but this is my ideal style which i try to apply whenever i can.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I play Ness very defensively, rarely going on the attack. I usually wait until my opponent comes to me so that I can counter, which has worked very well for me thus far, especially against annoying Marths. However, after getting thrown about by several Foxes that are just too speedy for me to safely counter I think I may have to reevaluate my passive, centered style.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i like to cause fear to my opponents. In serious matches at least.

It doesn't always work, but most of the time I can shake even the most confident opponent into an apprehension/awe combination that resembles fear to a smaller degree

its really fun to just go berserk on sum1's face and then intelligently remove their stock

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I just go beserk with Ness and I end up just beasting the person I'm playing against. I can only do this on a stage with platforms like YS though. Other times I play like a stupid/smart style like sometimes I walk up to my opponent, jab, wavedash backwards, walk forwards, then jab again. It makes people feel really stupid. Then I have this grab spam habit I get from playing as Fox all the time with I'm trying to break cause Ness's grab range is just pitiful and slow. That's the basic idea of my style. It all just depends on my mood really.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
In sticking with my immobile Ness my main edgeguard, at least when it's feasible, is PK Flash. It's visually appealing, makes a loud boom - which is always good, and sticks with my 'I am a rock' mentality. Mind you, I've just recently started trying out Ness' meteor since it's practically a taunt to pull it off, no? Is it just me though or does he go really far down when he meteors somebody? Like, I always have to triple jump back to the stage.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
yes.
his lag for his meteor smash is too much to apply more often.

@ simna, it's easy to cause fear cuz... well... you're SIMNA! That would scare the **** outta me also.

My playstyle for ness is ,
being AWESOME!

D

Deleted member

In sticking with my immobile Ness my main edgeguard, at least when it's feasible, is PK Flash. It's visually appealing, makes a loud boom - which is always good, and sticks with my 'I am a rock' mentality. Mind you, I've just recently started trying out Ness' meteor since it's practically a taunt to pull it off, no? Is it just me though or does he go really far down when he meteors somebody? Like, I always have to triple jump back to the stage.
I love his meteor. Its slow, but its not really that hard to pull off. I like to jump out, then DJ backwards near the ledge and dair, reducing startup lag and gaurding against sweetspots.

Top Bottom