• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stumbled my way into the Smashboards - EndlessSmash

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, this is actually my second post instead of being the first (First was actually a reply to a Lucina thread)! A late start but it's better than nothing.

I'm constantly at work or college, that's how I came upon this website in the first place; endless amount of internet surfing. Recently, my hype for SSB4 had skyrocketed with the latest CG trailer of Lucina, Robin, and the glorious Captain, so I've been going around trying to find snippets of new info here and there whenever I have time, and I ended up here.

I've played Smash Bros 64 since the age of 7 and it all began from there. My main reason for buying each new Nintendo console is always for Smash Bros; everything else, such as LoZ, Mario franchises, Metroid, etc, are added bonuses.

Funny enough, despite my crazy obsession with using Falcon, I have never owned any of the F-Zero series; hell, I never even watched the anime albeit the Falcon Punch scene.

Main characters through the ages
SSB64: :dk64:
SSBM: :falconmelee::ganondorfmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee:
SSBB: :falcon::ganondorf::marth::ike: <-- (No longer)

No doubt, Falcon would definitely be another main again in SSB4, followed by Lucina, Robin, and Little Mac.

I have never attended any tournaments. I really wanted to go try the Smash Bros demo at Best Buy, but work and school comes first. Back in high school when Brawl was still fresh, none of my friends enjoy playing with me as they rarely ever win, a huge turn off since the only people I can brawl with would be people online (and deal with lag) or my younger sister. I remember how I always had to go easy on her in order to keep her from getting discouraged (It has happened a fair few times), but now I raised a monster that can utterly roast me with Ike, hence he was no longer my main (An Ike VS Ike match would only serve to show who is the superior one, and from the matches we had before, I do make the better Ike).

I can confidently say I'm quite proficient in being able to use every single characters except Diddy Kong and Olimar pretty well. That said, however, I can't do the more complex techniques, such as wave-dashing.

Currently for the upcoming SSB4, I have a Wii U and 3DS ready to go. However, hype has blew me across the face; I'm planning on buying another 3DS and another copy of SSB4 (3DS) just to be able to 'brawl' with my sister. There's also something oddly appealing in being able to play Smash Bros on the go and screaming at some unexpected event ingame while outside. It may be an abundance of money to throw just to be able to play Smash Bros a month or two ahead of the Wii U title, but to me, that's about 3 days worth of working.

Hope to be acquainted with you all!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, working and going to school at the same time...kudos, that's too much stress on me. I'm a full-time student during the school year and I work during the summer time after taking summer courses (just to stay a bit ahead).

And hmm, allow me to guess...did your Falcon obsession start with "The Knee"? :p

I'm one to spend time on a certain amount of characters (mainly the ones I enjoy outside of Smash) rather than the whole roster. I can use everyone well enough to beat friends though, but that's not saying much since many people can beat up their friends :awesome:

Hope you've been enjoying your first official day here and continue to enjoy the forums :)

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's a bit stressful, full-time studies and just below full-time work (35 hours a week). Believe me when I say this, I'm taking this fall semester off (or maybe just take one course) as a break and for SSB4.

My Falcon obsession actually came with his signature punch from 64; that solid chunk of flames in the shape of a falcon LOOKED like it hurt, don't even talk about how it would possibly FEEL for the foe. It moved onto "The Knee of Justice" afterwards when Melee came around, and since then I've been taunting half the time whenever it connects just because it felt so great (I would even forgo a follow up aerial-game).

We certainly are in need of more friends that can take the beatdown and deliver it back :smash:

I'll definitely enjoy the forums here. I frequented another game forum quite religiously before, but it's dying out and infested with too many trolls and ponies. I'll be lucky just to get a somewhat intellectual response back nowadays there. Besides, that game wasn't SMASH.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It'll be a break well-deserved. Non-stop work won't bode well for the mind and body, so yeah, I'd support a semester off. At least you have SSB4 to keep you company :p

Oh right! Silly of me to forget the Falcon Punch (it barely gets used in 1v1 action so I sometimes forget it's a reason why people love Falcon).

And yeah, plenty of people look for a new e-Home after leaving another forum (the main one people bring up around here is Gamefaqs). Hope to see you stick around and I'm sure I'll catch you on other parts of the site as well :)

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
I refreshed here and there, and each time your avatar picture changed xD.

Yeah, the punch really doesn't work in 1v1 besides the occasional aerial follow-up. I still throw it out here and there, 1/5 tries it'll connect. Big consequences, but at the same time feels so rewarding just to throw a punch in.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha ha, doesn't surprise me. I was going through an experimental phase with my avatar :p

The only time I throw out a Falcon Punch is all epic-like offstage for the win and in FFA pretty much. Otherwise, the move gets no use (unless I somehow manage to do it on accident) since the people I commonly play won't get hit by that move 1v1.

Top Bottom