• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuck at a wall of dullness

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
Ive just started playing smash like 5 months ago with my freinds(team Exile)
,well we all have just started playing but we are all really good and if you played us you probably couldnt tell we just started,but anyway i have been using jiggs that long and her(or him) is my main besides sheik.for some reaon it seems like im stuck with jiggs, it feels as though im not making any progess anymore . ive read the posts that chozeone has posted on ames thread on helping and i pretty much do all of that stuff. i no just about everything with jiggs. but i need some type of help, like i said all of my freinds are really good and yes they can easily punish and sometimes destroy me.

I need help with the following:
how exactually do you connect the WoP combo like king does
does any one no any good rest combos on non fastfallers
is jiggs real good at pressureing the opponent
or is she better spacin
what to do about falco dam lasers
jiggs vs marth or mario doc falco fox and sheik
and how do you exactly put matchs on youtube. I heard that you can use a dvd recorder , if any no any other way (which there is please hit me up)plus i have signed up for the youtube account thingy

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I was kind of in your boat. I guess I'm fresh to advanced techniques and sometimes I felt like I was moving backwards. I can't help you with all your questions but I know how you feel. Mind games are key, stay in the air a lot for your mind games. Space yourself with jiggs and look for openings to WOP your opponent. I've never had to put up with a lazer spamming falco but all i can say is roll, crouch, and jump. He can't hit you if you're crouching. As for connecting the wall of pain I'm still working on that like you.

Edit

Oh yeah for rest techniques on non-fast fallers, up tilt when your opponent is at low percentages is useful. You can also catch them off gaurd with a sing cancelled ledge stall but you need to use it sparingly. Other than that all I can think of is just look for rest opportunities, it's hard to make them yourself, but if you keep an eye out you can punish their mistakes.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Ive just started playing smash like 5 months ago with my freinds(team Exile)
Well we all have just started playing but we are all really good and if you played us you probably couldnt tell we just started,but anyway i have been using jiggs that long and her(or him) is my main besides sheik.for some reaon it seems like im stuck with jiggs, it feels as though im not making any progess anymore . ive read the posts that chozeone has posted on ames thread on helping and i pretty much do all of that stuff. i no just about everything with jiggs. but i need some type of help, like i said all of my freinds are really good and yes they can easily punish and sometimes destroy me.
First off let me start by saying you don't know everything. I don't know everything, King doesn't know everything, and even Ken, and Azen don't know everything [although M2K probably does]. Everytime i play i learn something new, so clearly your predicament is caused by your own creation. You hit walls only when you think that you've hit a wall. I can guarantee you that if you played anyone that you have never played before things would be very different. Trust Me. I was once where you were. Now listen and learn.

I need help with the following:
How exactually do you connect the WoP combo like king does?
First off.. There is a universal rule in melee that helps everyone once they truely understand what it means, and all it entails- "There are no set combos in melee. Following DI, and using mindgames to anticipate your opponent are all you can hope for; however many smashers consistantly have the same tendencies... thus "combos" are born". King/KishPrime/every other good Jiggs out there doesn't "set up" these 4+ hit combos, they "mindgame" them in. The only way to truly get an amazing combo with Jiggs is to anticipate your opponent wasting their second jump, and then punishing them for it.. and being very fast, and technical. The only way to answer your question here is to say .. With lots of practice, and excellent mindgames. Learn to expect what your opponent does, and punish them for not adapting...

Does any one no any good rest combos on non fastfallers?
*Sigh* This is quite the rediculous question. As stated above there are no "set combos" in the game. Even an Uthrowed Falco can still DI if they're quick enough. Mindgames get you rests.. not flashy combos. Utilt rests are practical, but not applicable. The same can also be said about "Frooning". I find that the most effective rests are Uair into combo rests, random DI following rests, or really gimpy rests like CC'd Rests, and SS rests. And how could anyone forget the "ChozenOne Rest" which involves you running up to your opponent and resting. Mindgames get you rests. Not flashy combos.

Is jiggs good at pressureing the opponent? or is she better spacing??
Yes. Jiggs is probably one of the best "pressurers" in the game. Her spacing is what allows her to pressure so well. How do you think it feels to your opponent when you space perfectly, and cannot hit a large pink floating object in response, b/c it has floated too far away. Spacing+Quick Mobility allow for amazing pressuring capabilities.

What to do about falco's **** lasers?
Falco (if played correctly) is one of Jigg's hardest matchups. His Dair, Spacing, and Speed.. along with his very.. effective lasers make Jigg's air game very difficult to maintain, and play well. Cleaver spacing, and throws are certainly what will win this matchup. Don't be afraid to play gay.

Jiggs vs marth or mario doc falco fox and sheik... how do you win??
Jiggs vs Marth is quite an interesting match.. however it is my best one overall. When a Jiggs player knows how to DI from Marth's grab's and the amount of lag from his moves, and Marth's full range, this matchup almost (and i mean almost) becomes even. If you catch a Marth without a second jump that right there is a free rest, or a free edgeguard @ 80+ percent. If you're lossing badly at this matchup then learn to DI better.. and space better.

Shiek.. pretty much don't play Jiggs. Her Dthrow is complete r@pe. The only way to DI it correctly is to DI in the direction o/t opposite upper corner inwhich she is facing. Other than that space correctly, and CC alot. Bthrow is also quite effective, and she's pretty easy to edgeguard. Shiek is also one of Jigg's hardest matchups for a reason. Avoid this.

Fox.. Also do not play. Uthrow rest, space well, and grab alot. Combo with Uairs, and do not pound very much... Usmash out of shield is quite decent. You lose this match aswell. No gimpy rests other than Uthrow-40% are also availible here.. so you're gonna have to work hard to do damage, and hope that you can edgeguard fairly well.

Falco.. Dtilts kill you, Lasers hurt your mobility, but an easyier version of Fox due to higher % kills for him.. no dumb Usmashes. Same tactics however.

Mario+Doc.. ask AeroShadow.

How do you exactly put matchs on youtube.
That is a very good question.

I hope this helped. I also hope that more Jiggs players give players like Aeroshadow, Kishprime, and Demised the recognition that they deserve (notice i left out Anden b/c he quit, and KillaOverrated b/c he's.. well... overrated), and stop acting like King is the only player that plays Jiggs.

Good Day Sirs.

Top Bottom