• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streaming

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys me and some friends wanna start streaming smash. what devices are needed for streaming and roughly how much would it cost?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
There are lots of Capture Cards out there, but the most popular one is the Dazzle DVD Recorder (around $50)

The cheapest one is the EasyCap (around $10 or so) but I wouldn't recommend it because it's easier to break, difficult to carry around, difficult to install the drivers, and the quality doesn't give a "clean" image or so (notice how this is coming from a quality *****).

I haven't really tested any other capture cards, but these are the two that I know of the most.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea your normal ol' Dazzle will do a solid job. I know Dazzles used to have problems getting audio into the stream as well, not sure if they still do. If it is unable to still bring in audio, then you have the split the audio connection (red/white wires) to go to your TV and your PC's line in port, and use the line in port as your source.

That's essentially all you need. You can get more bells and whistles if you want by getting some web cams, microphones, etc.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
how does one actually stream? i have a recording setup and all, how do?

Roxas M

Smash Master
I use a Dazzle myself, and this is what i've managed to do with it: http://www.twitch.tv/marthshadow/b/316882191

It took a long time for me to figure out how to get past the Dazzle's audio barrier, when it comes to streaming with it. It can keep up with some of the more powerful capture cards...sort of, lol. Although, I have to use wirecast to get this sort of quality, as Xsplit(the free version anyways), and FME seem to not get as good of a picture as Wirecast. So if you really want to stream with it, and know your way around Wirecast, you could make a good stream with it. You also need a computer that is strong enough/good internet to compensate for the lack of quality that the Dazzle naturally puts out.

Top Bottom