• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy! - Countering Marth's F-Air

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi there. Has anyone fought against a skilled Marth player? They can be extremely dangerous and challenging. One of Marth's powerful attacks is his Forward-Air. It's so quick! And worst, Marth can approach you with his Forward-Air. What can Olimar do, besides shielding or rolling away? Grab.

I haven't tested it, but I noticed that I can easily grab a Marth while he's using his Forward-Air. I think it works because Marth does a short hop and then uses Forward-Air. He is low enough to the ground that a grab will work. It has certainly saved my butt plenty times of against skilled Marth users. I hope this helps.

gameboii

Smash Cadet
thax, i'll soon put this to the test, cuz my roomates a marth player. his fair is killing not just my olimar, but my other characters as well.

Top Bottom