• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Things You Do to Play at Your Best in Video Games/Sports

Chinaux

Smash Ace
What kinds of things do you do when you play video games to make you play better? It's mostly just a psychological effect, but I usually play in a room without distractions. I can't play smash in front of my computer screen, or any screen besides my 3DS. I also have to be sitting, not laying, standing, or leaning on something. I sit straight or I play on a desk.

Does anyone do similar things? I know I can't be the only one who does this.....

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What kinds of things do you do when you play video games to make you play better? It's mostly just a psychological effect, but I usually play in a room without distractions. I can't play smash in front of my computer screen, or any screen besides my 3DS. I also have to be sitting, not laying, standing, or leaning on something. I sit straight or I play on a desk.

Does anyone do similar things? I know I can't be the only one who does this.....
You're definitely not the only one. I was have some quirks or preferences as well. I have a hard time playing Smash while standing instead of resting the controller in my lap. Another is when I play on my arcade stick, I always take my watch off. I probably have quite a bit more, I just can't remember them right now.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
You're definitely not the only one. I was have some quirks or preferences as well. I have a hard time playing Smash while standing instead of resting the controller in my lap. Another is when I play on my arcade stick, I always take my watch off. I probably have quite a bit more, I just can't remember them right now.
Unrelated to smash, but when I play league, I can't play to metal or rock or anything of that genre. Normally I like that kind of music, but whenever I play to it, I play too aggressive or don't play as seriously. I have to listen to rap or electronic music. Though with smash, it's the opposite. I can only listen to metal/rock if I listen to anything at all.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I always need to be standing when it comes to Smash, really weird, I dont know why, what I think it is is the feeling of being in the game

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Unrelated to smash, but when I play league, I can't play to metal or rock or anything of that genre. Normally I like that kind of music, but whenever I play to it, I play too aggressive or don't play as seriously. I have to listen to rap or electronic music. Though with smash, it's the opposite. I can only listen to metal/rock if I listen to anything at all.
I actually can't listen to anything while playing games like that, because my mind gets too focused on the music and then oops just gave their ADC a kill.

I always need to be standing when it comes to Smash, really weird, I dont know why, what I think it is is the feeling of being in the game
I only start standing when things get intense, like a long fight that could go either way.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I remember when I was a kid I'd stand up and jump in place when there was a hyped part in a video game. Or if I'm beating something that was really hard. I still get the same feeling now, except I don't bounce around almost yanking the controller out of the system (gamecube).

I also can't wear long sleeve shirts/jackets when I play games. It makes my hands feel not as fast.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I take my ring off. The ridge of it tends to interfere with my button presses.

Also if I'm really hyped I suppose I try to drink an energy drink beforehand. Helps me focus a bit more on all the action.

Top Bottom