• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange movements resulting from Hydrant + Side B

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I dabble in a little Pacman so I don't know if this is a common occurrence or not as I've never seen anything about it and I can't seem to recreate it after the first few times I pulled it off. But basically after laying down a hydrant and using your side to knock it away, I've had some instances of Pacman going in the opposite direction once hitting the hydrant.

So basically I do what this image shows:

But instead of going right after hitting the hydrant, Pacman will face left and go in that direction.

B!squick

Smash Master
You might have been able to do it before the patch, but not now. It's pretty clear at some point SideB had more distance because when I try to recreate it the pellet stops just in from of the hydrant, not behind.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I was able to do this today, like about 10 minutes before I posted it.

Edit: Was able to recreate it. Can't seem to embed the image for some reason but here it is:

http://gfycat.com/EagerInsistentAmethystinepython

I can't get it consistent but basically towards the end of the side B, you hold down and sometimes this will happen. Might be useful for mindgames or switching trajectories on doubles opponents or something

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh. I don't know then. I wish we still had the earlier version of SideB. I CLEARLY remember seeing someone reverse direction with it at some point.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
That effect is caused by Side-B being unable to be forced under the stage, if you do a sharper angle and then push the stick the opposite way, it should have that effect.

Top Bottom