• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Lag, can anyone help?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
So, up untill about this time last week ive had an great brawl connection, with blues and green connections for the majority of people ive played, the only lag I used to get was if it was the problem of the other person.

So about this time last week my mother was messing with the router and messed it up, causing us to have to restart it to factory defaults but ever since ive had lag online on brawl, all the settings as far as I know have been put back to what they were, I am unsure as to what is causing it. What I dont understand is -

1) How come I can connection to the WFC in about 2 seconds but my games lag
2) Why dosen't it lag while im not pressing anything, the only time it lags is if i try to move or press the same button a few times. If I stand still my oppositing can move freely lag free.

I have looked for this movement lag everywhere and I cant see any other cases of it, i thought if anyone knew about it, it would be you guys.

So yeah, what could be causing this?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
mabye its that your routers speed improved... therefore everyone else is lagging behind with there slower connection while it seems that you are lagging?

can your router adjust speed?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
mabye its that your routers speed improved... therefore everyone else is lagging behind with there slower connection while it seems that you are lagging?

can your router adjust speed?
I didnt think this was a possibility?

Yeah I can change the settings in my router, ive been tweaking things all week to no avail

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Try putting your Wii in a demilitarized zone. When you switched your router back to factory defaults, you might have taken that off if it were there, which would make it slower.. Either way it would probably help.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
i sorted it now, No idea what was causing it, I reset the router to default again and it was back to how it used to be.

Top Bottom