• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Strange Disc Read Error? Help!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue I am having with Smash 4 on Wii U.

Everytime, anybody picks Captain Falcon now, the game says that the disc cannot be read. And it's ONLY with Captain Falcon. We've had many matches with other characters, but whenever it tries to load a match with Falcon in it, it says the disc cannot be read and needs to be cleaned, forcing us to restart the game.

This started on Saturday, and has been going on since, previously we had no issues playing with him, and I haven't made any changes to my system or game since. This happened well after having Corrin and Bayonetta.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Most likely there's a scratch on your disk, though it could be that your update is slightly corrupt.

If you have any way of trying another copy I'd do that first. If not, going into the system settings and erasing your update data and redownloading it would be the easiest thing to try. (Turning the system off usually makes it check for updates when you go to redownload.) Your save data should be untouched, if you care. If that doesn't work, then all you can do is try to clean the disk some more.

Top Bottom