• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight Talk Combo!

Cups

Smash Ace
Today, I did a Uair, Uair, Knee combo, and my friend referred to it as "the straight talk combo" because I followed him off of the screen in a straight line relentlessly until he died. I enjoyed the name very much, and wanted to see what everyone thought of the name.

Yokoshima Metsubo

Smash Cadet
eh, cant say i like the name very much. i like to call it the millennium falcon just because its fast, quick, and has the ability to destroy almost everyone.

Cups

Smash Ace
Because if you are straight talking, you are giving no bull****. This combo is no bull****, they are most likely going to die afterwords. If that isn't straight talk, then I don't know what is.

TheStreightTalker

Smash Rookie
Well i dono what you guys' deal is but, I think it sounds like the best well thought idea for a combo ever. There is no grey, (unless of course it's gray falcon) it's black n' white ready to fight straight talk.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
Hey nwvkxc, this sounds like a real nice name for the combo. I know that when I'm fighting a Falcon with my Peach, and this douche, who lives in the same dorms as me uair, uair, knees me, I tell him, "Wow, Journier, you really gave me the straight talk." The name "straight talk combo" tells it as it is and it will forever be embedded into the Smash vocabulary.

Cups

Smash Ace
That's irrelevant, and doesn't really make sense. What is the point in naming a combo that never happens? Wouldn't you want to yell out a combo name in joy if it actually happened? Sure, I could name a combo consisting of falcon punch to gentleman to up tilt to falcon kick, but it probably would never happen, so nobody would remember the name. Most of the named combos are just the opponent screwing up anyway, at least this one is harder to avoid than the Darkrain combo.

Cups

Smash Ace
To the Journier who said "It needs a more flashy name."

NO! (There's nothing more straight talk than that)
What is with all of these people saying Journeys and stuff? Whatever, if they like the name. . .

Do I know you guys or something? You're from KC. . .

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
Ohh Yeah journier! I see you too are from KC, you must be quite a straight talker to live in KC. There is quite a contingent of Smashers here, but anyway, me and my friend who I will refer to as Mega Power: Hulk Hogan, play as Peach and Yoshi. He's backing you up too his name is Streighttalker, you motivated him to make a name, just because we got so excited about the combo name! You see, no one talks straighter than me and Mega Power: Hulk Hogan, and our definition of Straight Talk is just about the same as yours: NO BULL$#!+. What a journey brother!

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
straight talk combo eh. no bull. watch this match of DSF's marth, it is the most Non Bull **** marth out there I think. every attack he does is meant as a set up or a kill move, very little spamming on his part. observe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9QuOQtN8ySg. that is straight talk.

on a side note, my friendsm always call out dying in a straight line. and if the speed is fast enough we call it, dying in a "dotted" line.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
nwvkxc/Sweet Hat, setting up dummy accounts to further an arbitrary cause is painfully lame.

Please don't do that anymore.

How's that for straight talk?

Cups

Smash Ace
straight talk combo eh. no bull. watch this match of DSF's marth, it is the most Non Bull **** marth out there I think. every attack he does is meant as a set up or a kill move, very little spamming on his part. observe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9QuOQtN8ySg. that is straight talk.

on a side note, my friendsm always call out dying in a straight line. and if the speed is fast enough we call it, dying in a "dotted" line.
Yeah, that was some no bsing. DSF gets right to the point huh? Yeah that was some straight talk.

Other two guys, you're right. I went back in time, set up my account, posted 50 times really quick, and made up some really dumb name to hopefully create a combo that doesn't even involve my name. You cracked the case. I just figured these guys were making fun of me, I don't care. They probably created dumb accounts to be stupid, but don't accuse me of doing anything, I thought that should be obvious. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, then don't post, that's probably how you got so many anyway. If you feel like you're wasting your time, then don't take the time to do it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm not just some guy making assumptions. I checked your IP address. The only guy shoving weight behind your cause had the same one. It's a fair deduction.

Nonetheless, I admit that the older creation of the account is perplexing, and will assume benefit of the doubt.

You want something on topic? Fine. You didn't invent a combo. Not every move followed by another is a combo, it's just a progression. Falcon isn't Lo Pan. He can't kill somebody in one yet... usually. A combo needs pizzazz in both name and technique, and this has neither. It's just a good way to play your aerial game.

Cups

Smash Ace
True, okay, let's start over. I'm not creating it, i didn't invent it, i just thought it was a funny name that really sounded gratifying when you yell it out. Also, most of the time i've done it, the person has died, since you have to be from like 40 to 60 to do it to most people. Unless it's like Luigi or puff, which in that case I don't think I've ever landed the knee. You're right about the whole IP address thing, I understand.

Not saying you are wrong, but if you link moves together, then it is a combo in my opinion. If you watch combo vids, it doesn't matter if they hit the ground or not, it is just how long you hit them without them hitting you. I like the name and the way the combo looks, but I understand if you disagree. However, I will always yell "That's some straight talk for ya!" whenever I land this, even if whoever thinks it is dumb. Actually that is the point, that it is dumb. Anyway, thanks for adding and playing devil's advocate. If you ever change your mind, let me know, ha ha.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
Way to give him the straight talk nwvkxc. May your big boots always hit their marks, and may your straight talk combos always be devastating.

I was playing a CF today, and I got the straight talk combo. I didn't even get mad! In my best journier voice I said, "Now that was some straight talk, Journier!" The journier replied, "The hells are you talking about?"

Top Bottom