• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strafe Gaming Lounge Brawl Tournament

StrafeSteve

Smash Rookie
Strafe Gaming Lounge is hosting 2v2 Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament at 7 on January 13, 2012. Standard unity set rules except for stage selection. The stage will always be Final Destination. Metaknight is banned. 3 lives, best 2 out of 3, and double elimination. You are welcome to bring your own controllers. Strafe's address is 101 South Main St., Suite 220. Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526. If you have any questions, please call (919) 552-2939. For more information you can got to Strafegaming.com. Hope to see you there!

chillbologna

Smash Rookie
Yeah, why only FD? FD isn't considered completely neutral, and probably isn't the best stage to play all matches on.

I would suggest using these stages, if you want to keep this standardized:

Starters
Battlefield, Castle Siege, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, &Yoshi's Island(Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, & Frigate Orpheon

EDIT: Just reread OP...can I ask why you follow all unity rules besides stage striking?

StrafeSteve

Smash Rookie
Sorry, it's just that we have always done Final Destination and it just moves things along easier. Would it be fine if we random pick only those stages or should we do stage striking? I'm open to other suggestions as well. Our brawl tournaments always have a fair turnout but I want more people to come. Thanks.

chillbologna

Smash Rookie
optimally, I would say stage striking.. it really doesn't take up that much extra time.

but if that's out of the question, random could work... i wouldn't put counter picks on the shuffle though, some of them are much less neutral than others.

if you have some regulars that are used to playing FD, if both teams agree on the stage they could play there without going through the random thing

Cheshcrew

Smash Rookie
why is metaknight banned, i mean i would understand like sonic or pit but metakning?

Top Bottom