• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop hating on the Germ! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Id like to just point a few things that most new people dont seem to understand or are unwilling to understand.

Aniki - Is good in japan.They play differently in Japan.If he came to the states and played in a big tourny he would get his link crushed. The video of Ken being beat in a friendly is not proof of anything.It happens all the time.

Lord HDL - He is a great great Link player and smash proffessional in my eyes but again he is one of the best players in Puerto Rico.The Smash community in puerto rico is not as evovled as here in the states.But do to Lord HDL involvment in organizing tournys PR's game is much more competent today.Lord HdL use to play in the states before he left for PR.

Azen- Azen is one of the best smash players period but to say that he has the best link is a freakin joke.He doesnt main Link and never uses Link in a tourny when it counts.. He should not even be on anyones list for best Link player...For this reason alone

Germ - Let me start by saying that if it wasnt for the Germs contributions to Link people would be playing a much different game today.Nowhere near as many people use to play Link until he came out with Hylian nightmare combo video.Where he stunned the smash community with his fierce shffle game and reverse grapple techniques.Who made bomb setting popular?Yes you guessed it the Germ.Most techniques used today were ripped off right from his combo video.Both of them!!!

Till this day I have yet to see anyone who can match the GERM's Technical skill.
Video after video I watch and to me it seems that the Link community is getting worse.

The Germ is a US player that is always playing in bi weeklys and tournaments here in the US.He represents "us" and our current meta game not Aniki who doesnt even posts in these forums you nubs. I hope you all can see past my rant and understand what im saying.

So support the Link who has long represented our community.Not unknowns who have not proven themselves here.If it be the Germ or Trevyn SS4Rricky or whatever...

technomancer

Smash Champion
I actually agree with alot of what you've said, however, I don't think Aniki would get crushed, and everyone you mentioned has the technical skill to match GERM blow for blow in Link dittos.

Additionally, Germ now mains Falco :/ Playing to win FTL.

Please, no flames in this thread, the Link forums are bad enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom