• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stone Glitch?

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
There are two properties about Stone that I have never seen mentioned and I was wondering if those properties were intentional or if they are in fact glitches. If anyone knows, then please let me know.

1. When using the Stone even on the ground and canceling afterwards, Kirby loses 1 of his jumps, exactly like Cutter Dash.

2. If Kirby performed Cutter Dash (whether on the ground or air) before hitting the ground with Stone, then Kirby also loses his ability to perform Up+B, exactly like using Cutter Dash in the air. Once Kirby touches the ground normally then everything gets back to normal.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I found these out too a while ago, dont know if it was intentional or not but it really doesnt change much

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know about the second one, but I did notice the 1st one like a week ago or something like that.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
If I'm reading the second one correctly, it makes sense. But it is weirded word. So I hope I'm getting this correctly. Cutter dash -> stone -> out of stone (before hitting ground) = loses up-b. If I've read it correctly, you haven't touched the ground yet, meaning that you've still lost your ability to use it again. You can never use it twice. Maybe you can show us a video of it, because of how you word it, I'm not sure if I fully understand it.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I found these out too a while ago, dont know if it was intentional or not but it really doesnt change much
It does change things if it was unintentional (as in it was a glitch), because if it was, then the PMBR could change it.

If I'm reading the second one correctly, it makes sense. But it is weirded word. So I hope I'm getting this correctly. Cutter dash -> stone -> out of stone (before hitting ground) = loses up-b. If I've read it correctly, you haven't touched the ground yet, meaning that you've still lost your ability to use it again. You can never use it twice. Maybe you can show us a video of it, because of how you word it, I'm not sure if I fully understand it.
I hope this clarifies it:

Cutter dash -> stone -> out of stone (before OR after hitting ground) = loses Up+B.

You get the ability to use Up+B after you touch the ground not in stone.

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I hope this clarifies it:

Cutter dash -> stone -> out of stone (before OR after hitting ground) = loses Up+B.

You get the ability to use Up+B after you touch the ground not in stone.
I don't know then, because usually after I hit the ground with stone, I get my up-b back. Before you hit the ground makes sense, but I've never had any problems after I hit the ground with stone. Maybe I've been doing something else. I'll have to test that.

Top Bottom