• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest STL BarWarz Smash 4 Singles Bi-Weekly

STL BarWarz Smash 4 Singles Bi-Weekly
Posted by Arma_
Concord Lanes
Monday, April 4, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 4, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Super Smash Bros for Wii U, 1v1 double elimination!
Come face the best in St Louis, hosted every other Monday! This is a streamed event, courtesy of STL BarWarz! You can watch us play at http://www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz

Concord Lanes, 11801 Tesson Ferry Rd, St Louis, MO 63128

Schedule
6:00PM - Casuals begin
7:00PM - Tournament signups start
7:30PM - Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 1v1 double elimination starts.

Entry Costs
$5 entry.
$5 venue.
Your venue fee will be waived if bring a setup. To qualify you must bring an HD TV or monitor, a Wii U, Gamecube controller adapter and Smash 4 with all legal stages and characters unlocked. Partial setups will not receive the $5 discount. Setups discounts are given on a first come, first serve basis and space is limited. Bias will be given toward monitors with less lag if it comes down to it.

Payouts
Under 29 entrants
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%

30 - 49 entrants
1: 55%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: 5%

50 - 75 entrants
1: 48%
2: 22%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 2.5% (both 5th place players)

Above 76 entrants
1: 40%
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5% (both 5th place players)
6: 2.5% (both 7th place players)

Rules:
General
2 stocks.
6 minutes.
Double elimination brackets.
Items set to off and none.
Custom moves are banned.
Equipment is banned.
Grand finals will be a best of 5. All other sets are a best of 3.
Once per set when a player wins a match they may elect to ban a stage. That stage cannot be played on for the remainder of the set by either player.
You cannot select a stage you have already won on as your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
If a match ends in sudden death, the winner is determined by percentage. If percentage is tied, a tie breaker round will be played. This will be a 1 stock, 3 minute match.
Default guest Mii fighters are allowed. Mii fighters can use any move set, but once they select a move set it cannot be changed for the duration of the set.
Stage Rules
Neutral list: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Town and City, Lylat Cruise
Counter-pick list: Duck Hunt, Dreamland

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
NOTICE: This event has currently relocated to Concord Lanes bowling alley while Danno's pub undergoes renovations! Be sure to arrive at the correct location, we cannot hold the bracket for you since we are under a stricter time limit! Casuals start at 6:30PM, signups at 7:00PM and the tournament kicks off at 7:30PM!

Last edited:

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Between 20-40, depending on if school is in or out of session. Currently things are closer to that 20 person mark due to school being in.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
alright I'll be their it'll be my first tourney so a bit nervous but hey I think I got a good understanding of my character Marth ^_^

JuRiFe

Smash Rookie
I have been several times and it is very legit. You get paid the night you win.

Beware of Flow-yo......
And like at least 7 others

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'm ready this time now that I decided on a main to stay with with graninja I feel like I'm ready this time I'm coming for ya Gottom and Flow-yo ;)

Notched

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway you think we could implement some doubles into this? (And will it still be at Concord lanes on the 28th?)

StormBurrito

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway you think we could implement some doubles into this? (And will it still be at Concord lanes on the 28th?)
That'd be cool. Can't find a doubles tournament anywhere in St. Louis. Me and my friend have been searching everywhere.

Notched

Smash Rookie
As a younger highschool student it is sorta hard to get there for those doubles, which is why I was trying to see if doubles would work. Though with further reading, I see that there is a stricter time schedule at concord lanes (my brother in-law's friend owns that place xD) so there may not be time. But if there is, I have myself, a teammate, as well as another who team who would love to enter doubles!! ^-^ I as well as 5 others will also be attending the 28th xP

StormBurrito

Smash Rookie
As a younger highschool student it is sorta hard to get there for those doubles, which is why I was trying to see if doubles would work. Though with further reading, I see that there is a stricter time schedule at concord lanes (my brother in-law's friend owns that place xD) so there may not be time. But if there is, I have myself, a teammate, as well as another who team who would love to enter doubles!! ^-^ I as well as 5 others will also be attending the 28th xP
I also would attempt to attend with my teammate

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Danno's currently doesn't run teams. If/when we switch back to the bar and time is less of a restriction, that may be a possibility. Currently there's no plan to add this to our events listing. However, we do plan to start some additional events in the new year and we will try to make sure teams are run then! I'll keep you guys updated.

DrCudahy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrCudahy
I also would attempt to attend with my teammate
If you hang out the whole tournament you can usually catch people playing casual doubles after it ends(but before 11) And if not, ask around, everyone's pretty friend and I don't think it would be hard for you to find a couple people.

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
So I'm visiting from NC, and I left my controller at home. Is there a way I can rent one at the venue? Or get a local homie to lend me an extra?

Notched

Smash Rookie
Hey, first time going tonight. Was a great experience and a lot of talent. Arma, could you tag me or just reply and tell me whats going on with doubles. I heard there was doubles next week? Or maybe I heard wrong, but just curious. Catch ya guys later

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Hey, first time going tonight. Was a great experience and a lot of talent. Arma, could you tag me or just reply and tell me whats going on with doubles. I heard there was doubles next week? Or maybe I heard wrong, but just curious. Catch ya guys later
Next week will indeed be a doubles only tournament! Same time as we played yesterday. Also, glad you had fun Notched! I hope we keep seeing you, I think you're pretty good!

Notched

Smash Rookie
Ik people don't vividly check smash boards but some of us are down here but no TO's or any of the like?

Jsakan

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm not really a super amazing player, but I like to think I'm decent. I live in the area and I'm interested in seeing what the scene in MO is like. You think this is something I should go to?

StormBurrito

Smash Rookie
Next week will indeed be a doubles only tournament! Same time as we played yesterday. Also, glad you had fun Notched! I hope we keep seeing you, I think you're pretty good!
Did I miss doubles? Or will you be doing another one in the future?

Notched

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm not really a super amazing player, but I like to think I'm decent. I live in the area and I'm interested in seeing what the scene in MO is like. You think this is something I should go to?
You definitely should come out, I'm alright but there is a lot of other talent that you could learn a lot. It's tonight if ya wanna come out!

AceOfhearts65

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mrbreadcrumbs
3DS FC
1805-2669-2217
This will be my first tournament. I'm super stoked. I've always wanted to be apart of the competitive scene. I hope I don't get spanked upon arrival.

Panfle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panfle
Might show up with a friend; it'll be our first tournament! Just wanted to see where we are on the spectrum and where we need to improve. Looking forward to it!

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I know it's pretty late in the day, but I would like to know if a black gamecube controller in a white plastic bag was left at the event, today? My brother, Aumagond, left it and would like it if it was held onto until the next event.

It would be really appreciated if someone could.

Top Bottom