• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Static - A Smash 4 Pikachu Montage by Navi

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
I had to reset my password just to tell you that those are some pretty cool KOs. I hope you appreciate how much I appreciate this montage.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Very nice job. I quite enjoyed those Thunderspikes (mostly since I'm trying to work on them) But great video, you have a very excellent Pikachu play. Pretty solid edge guarding as well. I also think the song went well with it as well. Hope you continue to do very well. : 3

Zachary Cervone

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirVown
3DS FC
4957-3162-9402
Very nice job. I quite enjoyed those Thunderspikes (mostly since I'm trying to work on them) But great video, you have a very excellent Pikachu play. Pretty solid edge guarding as well. I also think the song went well with it as well. Hope you continue to do very well. : 3
Thunderspike off stage isnt very optimal at high level play and makes you lose stage control since people who understand Pikachu will always dodge it. If you do pick up this technique use it sparingly with hard reads or do it to For Glory people cuz they always fall for it.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Thunderspike off stage isnt very optimal at high level play and makes you lose stage control since people who understand Pikachu will always dodge it. If you do pick up this technique use it sparingly with hard reads or do it to For Glory people cuz they always fall for it.
Thank you for the info, very much needed. I'll keep it in mind. I'll probably just use it on certain For Glory users when I know they wouldn't see it coming.

GerMoj

Smash Cadet
NNID
GerMoj
3DS FC
2595-0240-5750
AncientCode42 AncientCode42 Yeah I was just feeling as styling most of the time and read the double jump / tatsu on FG players like but if you see the Anther's Ladder ones the thunderspike was a follow from my Up-Throw -> Down B and the DI away from the stage. (Like the samus one), most of the time you should try to go for the Nairs, Bairs and Fairs for edgeguarding and the thunderspike mostly whan you hit a Bair and recover from there (you can Thunderspike them if the tech and don't expect it). Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Zachary Cervone Zachary Cervone thanks for noticing the jab locks! Too bad I didn't get any cool follow ups from Nair and Dair ones though :( Maybe next time I'll get something cool after getting them!

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Great stuff. Good use of pretty much all of pika's kill setups. I yearn to achieve the consistency of your thunder spikes.

Shram

Smash Cadet
Nice montage, very entertaining to watch :)
That first kill was awesome

My only complaint is the slow-motion, it seemed a little overdone. Especially when Lucina's just falling, lol.

Shram

Smash Cadet
Thunderspike is amazing offstage though!! Asides from having high base knockback, it drags people down to the bottom hitbox to make it harder to recover! I agree to use it sparingly but it can help net some very early KO's.
Thunder is hard to avoid, no matter how good you are at airdodging. Sometimes it can even catch the frame vulnerability when somebody tries to snap to ledge.

Also, Pikachu is one of the characters that can get away without stage control, since he can regain it with quick attack so easily.

But yeah, it was a little overdone in this video, not to say that this video was bad or anything.
But in competitive play, thunder would have been used a lot differently offstage.

Last edited:

GerMoj

Smash Cadet
NNID
GerMoj
3DS FC
2595-0240-5750
That was a really entertaining montage, sir (the Zelda clip made me laugh for a long while). To be honest i first tought: OMG seven minutes will be very long, but actually at the end I hoped for a little more. By the way, nice editing skills :) Keep up the good work.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
That was a really entertaining montage, sir (the Zelda clip made me laugh for a long while). To be honest i first tought: OMG seven minutes will be very long, but actually at the end I hoped for a little more. By the way, nice editing skills :) Keep up the good work.
Thanks, truthfully length was something I was concerned with at first since I like to try to limit myself from going past 8 minutes but include some of the best footage I got. I even had to make some painful cuts.

(I killed a Lucas pk thundering back to the stage with thunder I had to cut due to time)

As a Pikachu player though would you say my skills at the Boopachu are passable?

GerMoj

Smash Cadet
NNID
GerMoj
3DS FC
2595-0240-5750
Thanks, truthfully length was something I was concerned with at first since I like to try to limit myself from going past 8 minutes but include some of the best footage I got. I even had to make some painful cuts.

(I killed a Lucas pk thundering back to the stage with thunder I had to cut due to time)

As a Pikachu player though would you say my skills at the Boopachu are passable?
You have a good punish game and it seems that good fundamentals, but there were a lack of Pika-Skills like jab locks, thunderspikes and maybe some QAC; also showcasing more skilled opponents will help to judge better as it is really hard to have a good aproximate on most FG players that air dodge to the ground, don0t go to the ledge or die while trying to edgeguard. Try to get some more replays on Anther's or Tournaments to make a good showcase of skills, or if you don0t have that option try to do something a little more difficult like this ( a FG Toon Link thatr wants to rush down Pika LOL, watch the ending of the first stock, it's the only enjoyable thing in the match)

TL;TR: Good punishes and fundamentals, want to see more Pika exclusive techs and maybe better opponents and a little more of difficulty in the highlights

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Cool, I'll keep these in mind. Also after watching that video. Fast falling f-air to u-smash. Didn't think that actually worked. I need to try that.

Top Bottom