• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Statewide Tourney at SFSU during Thanksgiving Break

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Normal tourney info: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=87712

Date: Tuesday and Wednesday; November 20th and 21st

Time: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM

Location: Jack Adams Hall (capacity = 400 people) We want, at the very minimum, 200 people.

Website: http://web.mac.com/grayfoxsama/iWeb/CGC/Smash Brothers.html

Cost:
Singles: $15 (will be $10 if enough people show up)
Doubles: $20
Crew: $20
Low Tier: $5

Rules/Prizes: Includes info on banned stages and what tournies will take place. Our goal is 200 people so our club can get school funding for future tournies. The school will supply 30-35 TVs, so what we really need is your wiis, cubes, and smash copies!

10% of the pot will be taken to cover our costs for insurance.

Remaining:

60% 1st place
30% 2nd place
10% 3rd place

Housing: The leader of the Competitive Gamers Club (Cris Solis) will be contacting local hotels today regarding discounts if we provide them a large number of clients. The hotels are a maximum of 1.7 miles away. Please post if you can house. :)

Food: TBA (filled out papers and currently getting vendors - any preference?)

Questions: PM me or e-mail us at cgaming@sfsu.edu

Hosts: (excluding Cris and myself - 10 people)

TVs:
1-35. SFSU

Cubes/Wiis:
1. syra76
2. cris

Attendees:
1. syra76
2. cris
3. GCII
(will post more when first 40 get filled, too lazy right now :p)

EazyP

Smash Ace
$20...for singles?

I loled hard

Also details on low tier, are we all banning Link & Luigi likes ladies that can't handle them or what?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I asked around and was told between 15-20. If 15 will bring more people, then 15 it is.

I'm sticking with what I did in the local tournies, everyone below luigi is allowed in low tier:

Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

I'll tell Cris to update these two pieces of info on his website

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Ok well me and the rest of crew A.G.S will definetly come to this and I believe we could bring 1 t.v for sure and like 2 cubes.Ok later.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
havokbringer has spoken for our crew. this sounds really good. the only problem is that it is during the week but i hope that we wont have class. wait a minute, thanksgiving week? sounds like a no class week for me then! defiantely want to go to this. but it looks like i will be spending 70+ so looks like i need to save up

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Gah. Weekday. I see if I can get the days off. Thanksgiving Break doesn't mean much for those of us who work. It just means we'll be busier.

Anyways I will definitely be going to this if I can. You all know what Low Tier means. ^_^

hitori

Smash Journeyman
blergh... I definitely want to go, but weekdays are killer. school + work here, though I'll see what I can do.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
sounds pretty legit, i wish i could make it, though im supposed to be in vegas during thanksgiving

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashers,

Im CGCGrayfox and I'm going to be running this smash tournament at SF State. I'm sure some of you have been to my club on fridays and a few of the bi weeklies!

So the update with this tournament is as follows.

Date and Times are still the same. I'm going to provide 11 televisions 5 system, and 3 copies of Smash. Of course we need more! So people if you plan on coming I encourage to bring at least a cube and a copy of smash so we can at least max out the televisions we have. If you are able to bring a TV please do! E-mail me if you would like some help in any way.

The entry fee is stated as 20. It is now officially 15 for singles. I'm also happy to say we will be providing food! Pizza and Soda just like our summer bi weeklies.
Soda: $1
Pizza: $ 1 or 2 ( this depends on our funding, I'll post about this again soon.

Now I realize this tournament is the middle of a week during thanksgiving break. I understand if lot of people can't make it, It is a pretty terrible time slot. Though it is the best we can do and best time regarding our resources. So my turn out expectation for this tournament has dropped down to 80. I hope to see 80 smashers there! If so we will continue large events when brawl is released!

www.cgc.2ya.com
cgaming@sfsu.edu
grayfox@sfsu.edu

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, its reasons like that why I'm expecting low attendance. Even if you can't play to the competition come by and play for fun after if you got the time.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Ah ****, I just checked my school schedule. No way I can make it, =/

The Game II

Smash Champion
A few questions. If someone can answer them, it increases my chances of going.

1. Why is this 2 days? What day is more important (aka, which will draw more people)?

2. Can we get an update on who's going?

3. Are you really f'n serious this is going to start at 8 a.m. This is pretty much the dealbreaker for me.

--GCII

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
1.)Its 2 days simply because we were able to get it th space for 2 days. the 20th is the real day and the 21st is the day we can use if we haven't had enough smash. If we have high attendance, then we have day 2 to complete the tournaments.

2.) Who's going? Good question. I've seen a few people on this board ok that they are going, also all the locals will be going. It's really impossible to tell from my stand point ( and its my touranment! I know, so bad)

3.) The doors open at 8AM. The tournament won't start until 10ish most likely.

If you come from far way, PM me. I may be able to help out.

quak

Smash Champion
ur not going to get a good turnout on a tuesday

any chance you could push it to the weekend?

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
On thanksgiving? Sadly I don't think thats possible. I know the day isn't to hot but It is what I can offer to the community.

Top Bottom