• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting Sheik, What are Some Good Basic Combos?

Rajjin

Smash Rookie
Title. I know some tech such as SHFL-ing and Wavedashing etc. I want to know some good combos and btw what is a slap? Thanks :)

4tlas

Smash Lord
Slap refers to her forward air. It is a good way to finish combos unless your opponent is lightweight and you can kill them with up air, in which case you should use that instead (I am guilty of using more slap than I should).

As for combos, much depends on DI and the enemy character, but Sheik's grabs lead to good combos almost always unless you can kill them outright, which you should do.

Dthrow and bthrow are DI mixups for each other. If the opponent DI's wrong you can get a regrab to continue the combo. If they DI correctly you can get a ftilt at lower percents and a dash attack at higher percents. It is easy to chain multiple ftilts or uptilts together.

For the most part, all of Sheik's combos are very fluid and can be decided upon spontaneously. She is fast enough to followup on the ground for pretty much anything. The tricky part is comboing with aerials. Sheik's lateral air mobility is pretty awful, so if your opponent is a decent ways off the ground you should try to juggle them vertically. Sheik falls fast enough to repeatedly juggle with upairs.

The most difficult thing imo is using dair. Like upair, it knocks opponents upward, but its hitbox is beneath her. You can use this to turn a ground combo into an air combo or to turn a techchase into an air combo. Getting used to this might take awhile.

Preacher

Smash Cadet
Forward tilt then slaping their face with a forward air works for about every character. But seriously you should get good at tech chasing out of down throw and chain that. It can lead up to an easy 30-40%, which is when you can tilt and fair opponents off the stage.

Top Bottom