• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting a 64 scene

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
So I'm from South Florida and I do not have much of a scene for smash 64 for at all. I read what Shears said about creating your own scene and I'm interested in making it a reality for me. There is a gaming center that has Sm4sh, Melee, and PM weeklies, but no 64 at all. I'm going to ask the manager if I could get at least 10 people to join in on a small little smash 64 tournament, if they would allow me to try and set up a little smash 64 scene in South Florida. If anyone in Florida, (specifically aiming at the the players in Orlando) would maybe be interested in making the drive to help me set up this tournament, that would be greatly appreciated. It would also open up the eyes of people that play the other smash games that 64 does have a lot of hype, because they would be able to see a great amount of skill coming from a variety of good players. If anyone has any tips for me to get this started that would also be appreciated. Thanks

Shears

Smash Master
Check the player map and try to see if there is anyone in your area that is interested. Try craigslist. Check FB. Post on reddit. And bring a setup to the events to gauge interests from players making a crossover. If you can get 10 people whether its through friends or whatever, and you offer to run everything and they still get the venue fee, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to develop a scene. Check college campuses as well.

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
Check the player map and try to see if there is anyone in your area that is interested. Try craigslist. Check FB. Post on reddit. And bring a setup to the events to gauge interests from players making a crossover. If you can get 10 people whether its through friends or whatever, and you offer to run everything and they still get the venue fee, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to develop a scene. Check college campuses as well.
Unfortunately there are no players on the players world map that are within an hour of my area. I'd be willing to bring my own set up, but I only have one and not a lot of good controllers for people to borrow. I will make a reddit account to try and reach out to more people. Thanks for the advice

Dwreck

Smash Cadet
idk if he posts on here anymore but he switched to yoshi and goes by yumi on anther's ladder and kaillera now. i messaged him the other day before knowing it was cuddlytoys looking for yoshi advice and he is still a complete nutcase

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
if i am available/free i will deffinately make a trip down if u get a tourney going since west palm is pretty close to my home town. Have you tried messaging @thegreginator ? pretty sure he lives in Miami now.

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
if i am available/free i will deffinately make a trip down if u get a tourney going since west palm is pretty close to my home town. Have you tried messaging @thegreginator ? pretty sure he lives in Miami now.
No I have not but I will message him if he does. And the venue is in Ft. Lauderdale which is like 45 or an hour more south from where I live. ill try and set up a time where you are available and if any of your friends can make it too. It would help a lot to have more people attend and more skill.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm from Port St. Lucie but I think you're a bit of ways away. I'm interested in smash 64 tho!

Top Bottom