• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Start up/lag question and new player resources

PackAttack91

Smash Rookie
Which characters generally have very little start up on their moves and very little lag after? Is there some kind of ranking for this I can look at?

Also, there are tons of character specific resources on here, but is there any videos or guides I can look at for general info on how to be a good player and do "advanced" techniques?

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
I am serious. There isn't a real "ranking" of frame data, but you can look here. If you're looking to play the character with the best frame data, then you've got :metaknightbrawl:.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Also, aside from that comparison, which is, ironically, quite good, you've got plenty of characters who have only a select few moves that are useable as quick pokes. For instance, Ike is really, really slow, but his b-air is really fast, but then his landing puts him at a full stop. Another example is Links neutral air, which has virtually no startup time, but then his landings suck too. They're only two examples, but almost every character who is slow/slower has an instantaneous attack, and usually you have to just mix it in everywhere.

Top Bottom