• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standing Utilt

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how much this helps anyone, but standing Utilt with the keyboard is definitely possible. It's about the same timing as falling Uair.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Well it isn't helpful if you don't clarify further.

And when you mean "falling uair", do you mean after or before the second jump?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wow, Smashboards is loading so slowly nowadays.
Anyways, falling Uair is doing a Uair without using your second jump, which keyboard players may tell you is somewhat difficult to perform if you didn't buffer your attack with lag from a previous action.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Its impossible to perform to an uair after already jumping once without performing your second jump at the same time on a keyboard. To perform uair after the first jump, a keyboard user is incapable of NOT using their second jump to pull it off.

If you're talking about "buffering your attack with lag of a previous action", than this defeats the idea of being able to performing an standing uptilt. Sure, one can stand on the ground and perform an uptilt, but only AFTER the lag of another action. A TRUE standing uptilt is being able to stand in one place, while doing nothing before, and uptilt "out of nothing" (which is impossible, and which is not what I believe you were claiming but what you were mistakenly articulating).

One can certainly do a "falling uair" on a keyboard, but not anytime before the second jump.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I can do falling Uair without using my 2nd jump...
Grr. Have you actually tried this? Because I've tried it and I can do it...
I'm using N-rage's plugin by the way.
I just tested Jabo and I think I don't think it works using it, but it definitely works with N-rage 1.83.
O, so you did see my thread...heh...my bad.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I tried it again after I saw this thread, tried my best in a variety of different ways but to no avail.

I use N-Rage's plugin too, which allows me to adjust a variety of different things, notably the "analog sensitivity", and I discovered that there is a huge difference btween 61% and 62%. (61% and below allows one to do a standing uptilt out of nothing, but 62% and above doesn't. The only problem with a sensitivity of 61% or below is that you have to basically have to sledgehammer each key when you want to smash.)

AntD also said its "quite easy", maybe you're able to explain how you are able to do it. Could you give me your controller setup stats from the plugin?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
My deadzone is at 10, and analog stick range is at 80%...it seems fine for me...though still a bit difficult.

Top Bottom