• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stamina Meter getting a revamp

D

Deleted member

So, anyone else ever play Stamina matches?

No?

I don't think many did (I didn't).

It was never really fleshed out, and just sorta thrown in there, but the style has potential. HP based battles could be interesting if a little more work was put into them.

For one, I think the Stamina Battles should have more freedom in what sort of settings you get. For example, it should allow you to play Smash more like a traditional arcade fighter, meaning more HP (150hp always felt like too little, I'm not sure if we got a meter in Brawl, but I certainly recall missing one in Melee) and having Rounds to go with it. If not, then at least Stock, either one could work. The biggest problem with Stamina matches is that they were too short.

I think it could have a lot of potential in competitive play changing the metagame of matches, which is definitely a good thing for a bonus feature. It would force players to focus more on the basics of Zoning and Rushdown, forcing them to be more careful about their decisions and watching their damage intake much more carefully. This could potentially even create TWO tier lists if it becomes big enough. One for standard Smash "King-of-the-Hill" style matches, and one for the Classic Arcade Stamina matches. None of this is new really, but it would be interesting to see how Smash could play if it had a different set of rules...

What sort of things could be done with this mode to make it more viable?
Thoughts?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
For stamina to work they'd have to have no infinites whatsoever. If they do that, stamina mode would be awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Stock lives would easily be one thing to consider, as when you lose all of your HP, you'll be KO'd automatically, and would later respawn if you have any more lives.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, definitely, or if they wanna go the true classic route, just give the option to have rounds. Either one is fine, and they function more or less the same.

But I feel its a mode that could definitely be fleshed out some more to add more meat to the game, at least from a competitive aspect, but it could also benefit party play as well.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
IC's chain grab. Win every set.:awesome:

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I played stamina in melee occasionally.

But then again, I also used to pretend the characters were people from Dragon Ball Z and fight my friends going through the Dragon Ball Z storyline

Top Bottom