• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stale Move Negation

graccy99

Smash Rookie
Okay so im new to this and almost understand stale move negation, but i have one question about it that for some reason never found an answer to. I know about the 9 different move thing, but lets say i use a basic move (like fox's laser) and use it over and over again. Will that eventually fill up the 9 slots that the stale move negation thing has and therefore refresh my other moves? or does it only take up one slot no matter how many times i use it? Thanks for the help.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
yes so long as you are hitting another hurtbox with these lasers. A couple things that count towards refreshing your moves upon hit include: your opponent, the smashville balloon, castle siege statues, stuff on brinstar, yoshi's island(brawl) shyguys...theres definitely more but I think you get it by now (u gotta hit stuff)

also hitting your opponent's shield does not count towards staling, you must land the attack on them, I didn't know about that for awhile.

graccy99

Smash Rookie
yes so long as you are hitting another hurtbox with these lasers. A couple things that count towards refreshing your moves upon hit include: your opponent, the smashville balloon, castle siege statues, stuff on brinstar, yoshi's island(brawl) shyguys...theres definitely more but I think you get it by now (u gotta hit stuff)

also hitting your opponent's shield does not count towards staling, you must land the attack on them, I didn't know about that for awhile.
Thanks dude

Top Bottom