• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Texture problems/questions

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
So a lot of these questions could be really elementary, but I'd rather ask for help than continue beating my head against failed attempts at fixing the problems myself, and searching endless amounts of tutorials on things that are similar but not the answers I'm looking for.

Okay, so I'm trying to load custom textures onto stages that I don't use anymore by downloading .pac files, then putting them into the RSBE>pf>Stage>Melee folder, and renaming the files as the names of files that already exist. The first one I attempted was putting a Hyrule 64 texture over the 75m map. When I did this, every time I selected the 75m level in the SSS, it would go directly to the Hyrule map. This was great.

The problem I'm having now however though, is that every level I've tried to load onto another map name since has caused the freezing beeping situation. Is this because the maps I'm trying to load are smaller or bigger than the original maps I'm trying to load them over, or is it a more complex situation than this ?

Also, I'm aware that it would be more sensible to try making my own SSS with extra spots for custom stages, but I'm trying to take one step at a time. Any help in very much appreciated !

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Normally, stages only work on whichever stage was used as the base (e.g. something edited from a Battlefield .pac only working on Battlefield). To use them on other stages, you need to use edited module (.rel) files. You can find an archive of them somewhere on this forum.

There are a few exceptions where certain stages might work over other stages without freezing, but most people don't bother building stages on those bases, and some of them have other glitches associated with them, so it's easier to just use the modules regardless.

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
Normally, stages only work on whichever stage was used as the base (e.g. something edited from a Battlefield .pac only working on Battlefield). To use them on other stages, you need to use edited module (.rel) files. You can find an archive of them somewhere on this forum.

There are a few exceptions where certain stages might work over other stages without freezing, but most people don't bother building stages on those bases, and some of them have other glitches associated with them, so it's easier to just use the modules regardless.
Okay, I have a bit of experience trying to use .rel files with Phantom Wing's code that gives you 9 extra final destination/battlefield stages, but didn't quite have the time to fully get into the hex codes aspect of it.

Long story short, I have the .rel files for the original maps that were used as the base for each of the texture hack stages I'm looking to put onto my game, what do I do with those in order to make the textures I want to put on my brawl work ?

EDIT: Okay, I think I understand the Hex editing part of this process a bit better, based on re-reading the hex code tutorial on modules that I read. Just to confirm with someone on here, I change the hex code value of the .rel file to the same value as the map I want to use a texture of (i.e. I change the .rel of battlefield's hex code to the hex code of final destination's .rel file, if I want to put a final destination texture over battlefield). Also, I realize this is only a 2 digit code, not the entire hex code, I just didn't know how to specify that in the same sentence as the example I was trying to make.

EDIT: In my previous edit, I had it totally backwards, all problems solved though now, thanks for the help everyone !!

Top Bottom