• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Counterpick Discussions: Diddy Kong

CrispyTac0z

Smash Rookie
Okay, say if there was a tourney that still have these counterpick stages:

Random Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counter-Picks:

Pokémon Stadium (melee)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes (melee)
Rainbow Cruise (melee)
Brinstar (melee)

Usually many people will ban FD on you, because Diddy has a great advantage for this stage for his banana game. Usually, Smashville would be the first stage that you play (mainly because it's more alike to FD because of only one platform while BF has 3). Discuss choices against different characters (Most likely higher tier characters like MK, Snake, Wario, etc.)
Like, against Snake, I would choose Frigate Orpheon because of the one edge. What would be some good choices against some characters?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I like Frigate specifically against Falco...In general, I like Castle Siege. I would be comfortable against most people there unless they are particularly susceptible to gimps (Olimar, Lucario) in which I would counter pick Frigate/Smashville.

Castle Siege is almost like an alternative Final Destination...The walk offs are beneficial to Diddy because of banana locks, the tilting part is like Final Destination, and the beginning isn't that bad either...When the statues form, you can just camp near the sides with a banana in hand, while standing behind one on the ground, most people won't even bother approaching...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
This thread has already been made by PhatyChong and re-vamped by Player-1.

Top Bottom