• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest SSBM Weekly at Akuma's Cave

SSBM Weekly at Akuma's Cave
Posted by ChaoticKiwi
Huntsville, TX
Monday, November 16, 2015 - 02:00 PM
Until: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ChaoticKiwi

Smash Rookie
The Smash scene here at Sam Houston State University would like to kick off the semester with weekly tournaments to get everybody playing the game we all love! :b: This is the first weekly of the year so depending on the attendance, I hope to continue to make adjustments and improve our organization!

The weekly will be held at Akuma's Cave, a local comic book and gaming store.

Here is their Facebook for convenience: https://www.facebook.com/akumascave?fref=ts

Also, There is no venue fee for this event, nor is there a fee for singles. Since this is the first weekly of the Semester,
the first weekly is free. A fee for singles will be added on as the semester go on.

SCHEDULE

For now there will only be a Singles Bracket.

People can start arriving as early as 3pm for friendlies and such, HOWEVER:

5:30pm - Singles Registration
6:30pm - Singles bracket begins

Id like to ask that while the bracket is happening, that there be no friendlies during that time. Priority of the TVs go to the players in bracket, so if you choose to play friendlies anyway, be aware that you will be asked to stop your game if they need a TV.

RULE SET

For this tournament, we'll be using the "MBR Official Ruleset for 2012":
http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

We hope to see you there!

QueenNoah

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoahBaka
3DS FC
0318-7804-4564
I didn't know there was a Melee scene in Huntsville at all. I've definitely go, if anything just to play some friendlies and watch Melee be played competitively in person. Count me in!

PawrSurge

Smash Rookie
NNID
PawrSurge
I have been looking for smash tourneys since I moved here from Georgia 3 months ago and this is awesome news...except I was hoping for Sm4sh and not melee, but it should be fun to watch anyway.

Top Bottom