• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Tournament in SF Bay Area

Toucan_Sam

Smash Rookie
SSBM Tournament
2v2 - Single elimination, Best of 3 matches per round
Date: October 13, 2007
Price: $5 per person
Prizes: TBD

If you are interested and want further information, e-mail: Christopher.zagala@gmail.com, or PM me. DO NOT respond to this post.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
It was a second handed, yet very well educated guess. As contradicting as that sounds, I believe the motive for the spamming is the joy one gets out of wasting 10 minutes of their life to screw with online people.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
It was a second handed, yet very well educated guess.
So, basically you just "guessed" and stated it as fact.

As contradicting as that sounds, I believe the motive for the spamming is the joy one gets out of wasting 10 minutes of their life to screw with online people.
That much is obvious from the content of your other posts.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My apologies, I guess I'm just not hip to your unique brand of "humor."

That's my brand of dry, acerbic humor BTW.

Toucan_Sam

Smash Rookie
You say 'SF' bay area,

and then you put your location of the tournament in 'Vallejo"

no thanks..lol

if it was in sf, i'd go.
If you know your demographics, SF Bay Area does include Vallejo for you information. The reason there is no information yet on this thread is cause I am not the one running the actual tournament. I am "supervising" 3 tournaments. Halo 3, Madden 08(maybe), and SSBM.

The rules that I can give you so far is:
4 Lives
2v2
FF on
Each round is best of 3 on the same level.
It is single elimination, meaning if you lose 2 of the 3 fights in a single round, you are gone.
No Weapons.
8 Minute Time Limit
Map Rotation:
Round 1 - Battlefield
Round 2 - Pokemon Stadium
Round 3 - Final

Semi & Final rounds will be one fight on each, best of 3. If you have any questions, please DO NOT post it here. E-mail me and you will get a quicker response.

Toucan_Sam

Smash Rookie
P.S. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE HAVING ANY OF THEM STOLEN.

BTW, for those who said that this was spamming, this tournament is actually for my Church group. So shame on you. And on your mother and your dog.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Awww wtf Hyuuga. My post wasn't supposed to insult but now that I look back, I guess it DOES look kind of like an insult post. So I will disregard your retaliation.

BTW, for those who said that this was spamming, this tournament is actually for my Church group. So shame on you. And on your mother and your dog.
Yeah I go to church. Please don't use the Church's name to back up your tourney. A Church should not be used to act as a supporting statement to your advertisement.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Well this tournament is the same date as one in Sac, so I won't be there. Everyone should come to Sac on the 13th. Min. prize guaranteed is $50 for first.

The Game II

Smash Champion
From the guy ...

Thanks a lot for the information on the tournaments. What you gave me really helps and to tell you the truth I'll probably be using the rules system and stage selection that you have picked. The only thing that I cannot change is the single elim. Time restraints are very strict and I have to do two tournaments between the hours of 8am-3pm. Also, I have limited resources and equipment. If you post on Smashboards, please put a post up saying that i'm taking your advice and will be posting newly revised rules within the next few days. I'm going to a meeting today to talk with the lead organizers and will get back to you.
What I think he failed to realize was that ... the moment he posted here, the possible participation level jumped very high. If he didn't post here, he might have been OK with single elimination. I'll let the guy know the next time he e-mails.

--GCII

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I should go to this and team with a lv 9 Ganon or Luigi. I think I'll actually be in Novato that weekend.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
You'd win if noone else good showed up lol.

Single elim is just too inaccurate.

Team tournaments are usually quick anyway lol.

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
hey guys... im the one who's gunna run the smash part and Toucan is gunna run the halo 3tournamtent.. Well the rules are ...

MLG RULES - 4 stock, 8 minutes, no items, advanced slob picks... you know the rules
Double Elimination
Sign-ups start at 9:00AM
Tournament starts at 10:00AM
We only have 4 TV's which is good enough!

BYOC!!!!! BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!!!

We have a 5 hour limit for the tournament because our Church Group has to use the gym...
so that means the first 32 teams who sign up get to play... SORRY!
But i'm pretty sure the tourny will end early so just play people for money!!! if you want I'll set that up!

Cost:
Doubles: $10.00 per person

I'm not sure how much the payout is but I think 1st is 50% and second is 20%.
30% goes to the Church Organization.... thats like 320 or 160 per person for 1st..

I just see it as if your good... easy money! And if the tournament turns out really well then we will host more Tourny's and it will be better with more tvs and more teams to enter... PROMISE!!! The Church Org. just asked us to do this so we have 1 week set up the tournament. PLEASE come by support the tournament and enjoy!!!

Theres also a lot of GOOD FOOD!!!
AND A LOT OF NOOBS!!!

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
Aww delphiki i guess you can't make it... its Allan from Play n Trade..... i was the one who got 2nd place and who you challenged for money.... well this was the tourny i was telling you about that i was going to host!!!

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
not that much.... last year a little kid ran it and it was HORRIBLE!!! so i'm not expectng much... probably about 32 teams! hopefully... and if there are too much people then thats why at the end of the tourny you can play people for money.... honestly lasy year there was about 50 people and Antonio won it... i fergot his last name but he was with martin and brian... so if your good it will be easy moeny!

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
thanks man! go and bring people!!! the only good people i know who gunna go are old verterans from TG 1 -TG4... i dont know if you know any of them but the people who won TG 1 and 2 should be there but I think they might only play halo 3... DO Spread the word and tell people to go!!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
thanks man! go and bring people!!! the only good people i know who gunna go are old verterans from TG 1 -TG4... i dont know if you know any of them but the people who won TG 1 and 2 should be there but I think they might only play halo 3... DO Spread the word and tell people to go!!!
Didn't Receipherus win TG2? (probably bad knowledge on my part), but that's going WAY back dayum.

--GCII

quak

Smash Champion
32 teams = 64 ppl

64 ppl = how many ppl were at ncb when forward was there that one time

i highly doubt that 64 ppl will show up JUST for teams, unless it's overrun by a crap load of scrubs

just saying, you'd probably get a bigger turnout if you only ran singles rather than only running doubles

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
??? i didn't choose teams... the church group said to do teams so i did teams.... if theres not enough people then we'll have a singles right after the teams tourney... like i said we had about a week and a half to start planning this so im doing what i can... SUPPORT US!!! and BEAT THE NOOBS

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I will probably go to this because I have nothing else to do that day; anyone good want to come and team?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sheridan I can probably go to this. Give me a call if you need me.

Also I probably want to check out Halo.

Glenn, Recipherus won TG3. The winners of TG1 and 2 are JR and Justin, who are from Vallejo.

Top Bottom