• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Tournament in Bellingham!

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. At Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA), sometime in April (the exact date has not yet been ironed out), the WWU SMASH Club is going to be holding a massive Super Smash Brothers Open. Everybody who could possibly come is being invited, and so far we're getting Melee players from all over Washington state, some from Oregon, and even some Canadians. However, because our club is not just focused on SSBM, we're thinking of holding an SSB64 tournament on the same day. If there's anybody semi-nearby who would want to come up to Bellingham some weekend for a heck of a lot of Smash, post here, PM me, etc. We can provide lodgings for Friday night (as the tourney itself will almost certainly be held Saturday) and there will likely be a good sized pot. However, the amount of money the winner walks away with depends completely on the number of YOU who come!

Hope you can all make it!

- Captain R.D. Obvious

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Any time between the 2nd of april and the 8th I will be there 100% guarentee, maybe with 2 other players, but for sure me. (that's what counts right?) :psycho:

Is there going to be a melee tourney as well? What would entry fees be for each? Any big california players confirmed?

Also you should put this in the regional zone, there's a lot more washington n64 players then you might think. At the last tourney I hosted we ran a n64 tourney that 7 people played in at a pretty decent skill level, and n64 wasn't even advertised, it was supposed to be a melee tourney. If it's up in enough notice I think a lot of people would start practicing up and we could have as many as 20 enter the tournament.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, there will me a melee tourney as well. Not sure on the californians, as this is B-Ham's first big tourney, but we'll see. Looking forward to playing that Fox again, Metroid. Maybe we can do a tiebreaker moneymatch.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
How many people from the smash club play n64 that are planning on entering, you got any numbers?

yeah, fox vs pika can't wait for that one :psycho: :laugh:

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't give any exact numbers, but probably about 10 or so, maybe 15, will enter. About 4 of us (if the rest of your friends can play near your level) will be a threat.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
Yessssssss! I was looking forwards to being able to play online so badly, but unfortunately, since God and perhaps Windows Vista hate me, I've been unable to connect to any servers, but now that I hear about a tourney comin up next month I'm quite stoked. Count me in. =D

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Bump for update.

April 21st (2 PM - 12 AM) is the tourney.

We're going to have to cap the total attendance around 100 due to space considerations, so confirm quickly. To confirm or just check out the original tournament page, click here. If you need a place to crash, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Should have some good N64 competition, so come and play!

- Captain R.D. Obvious

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I confirm. People from spokane might need a place to stay but I'm not sure it's redyoshi's dad that is driving us.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
We'll have some people providing places to stay, but we won't be able to host everyone. We can't guarantee a spot, but if you really need one I'll see what I can do.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Top Bottom